Teaching Science Graduate Programs & Graduate Schools in Virgin Islands
If you’re passionate about science—and want to share that passion with others—consider teaching science graduate programs. Earning a graduate degree in science education might help you succeed in and out of the classroom. Not only might you study science, but you could also develop the top skills you need to help foster in your students that same passion that drives you. Teaching science graduate programs could also help you move your career in an exciting new direction that might be the best option for you. Programs may be available both new and experienced teachers, ranging from masters level to doctorate. Start your search by browsing the listings below, or read on to learn more about which science education graduate programs might be great for you.
Essentials of Teaching Science Graduate Programs
Teaching science graduate programs may focus on a range of grade levels, from elementary to adult education, as well as specialties like physics or environmental sciences. But they all have one important goal in common: giving you the tools you need to help increase science literacy in your community. You could learn more about explaining such a complex subject to beginners more effectively, strategies to engage your whole classroom, pedagogy aimed toward improving student learning, and more.
When it comes to choosing science education graduate programs, you may have several factors to consider:
- Career Objective – Are you looking to use these skills in the classroom, or move to a position outside of it, such as research or administration?
- Grade Level – If you plan to stay in the classroom, what grades do you teach or want to teach? Science classrooms and strategies may vary between elementary, middle grades, secondary, and adult education.
- Your Preferred Subject – Especially if you’re teaching high school, post-secondary, or in another more advanced setting, you might be able to choose a program focusing on teaching a specific branch of science. This could include physics, chemistry, biology, environmental science or conservation, human anatomy, health or nutrition, to name a few.
Of course, those may not be your only qualifications for choosing your program. In addition to your target degree level and your preferred format, you may also have more specific interests related to your goals or the needs of your students. Narrowing down your unique concerns could be a great strategy to identify programs to earn your graduate degree in science education.
What are Types of Teaching Science Graduate Programs?
Teaching science graduate programs may range from masters to doctorate. Each program level might also incorporate several different degree types, which may, in some cases, reflect the nature of the academic program in question. The specific type of program perfect for you might depend on a variety of factors, including your educational background, your professional experience in the field, and your career goals.
Graduate schools with Teaching Science Graduate Programs in Virgin Islands
|M.Ed. in Secondary Education with an Emphasis in STEM (ITL)||Grand Canyon University||MEd|
Types of teaching science graduate programs you might attend could include:
- Masters in Teaching Science – Science education masters programs could include master of science (MS), master of arts in teaching (MAT), and master of education (MEd) programs. Some masters programs may help students earn their teaching certification for the first time, while others may require classroom experience as a prerequisite and focus on further developing teaching skills and expertise. Earning your masters may not only potentially benefit your pay as a teacher, but also help you develop important expertise and strategies to become the most effective science teacher you can be.
- Doctorate in Science Education – Programs at this level could include science education PhD programs, and doctor of education (EdD) programs. Some programs may focus on performing and analyzing research, while others may be designed with school and district leadership positions in mind. Earning your doctorate might take your science education expertise to a new level in your current role, or even consulting or leadership roles at the administrative level, making important strategic decisions about science education.
- Teaching Science Graduate Certificate Programs – Certificate programs could be a great option if you want to study a specific topic in a shorter format than earning a graduate degree. Some examples of what you might study could be strategies to teach a new branch of science, or how to address specific needs within your classroom. While graduate certificates are not themselves teacher certification programs, the requirements of which vary by state, some graduate certificate programs may support new teachers earning that certification. These programs could be offered at the masters and post-masters level.
What can I do with a masters in science education?
Complete a master’s degree in science education may allow a student to qualify for positions such as working as a special education teacher or a corporate trainer. They may also be qualified to work as an educational consultant or a curriculum developer.
Can you teach with a masters of science?
A master’s in science education is a type of designation in a specific subject area. It may require additional education and the completion of a bachelor’s degree in a teaching field as well as a state-issued license to teach science.
Teaching Science Graduate Programs in Virgin Islands – Choosing Your Format
Whether you’re totally focused on work in the classroom or want to move in a new direction, teaching science graduate programs could help you develop the skills and expertise you need, in a format that’s convenient for your life. Looking for a program that’s flexible enough to work around your teaching schedule? Learn better in person in a physical classroom? Like having a variety of options at your fingertips? Whatever you’re searching for, you could choose a program to earn a graduate degree in science education, while accommodating your life, career, and learning style.
Here are the three main teaching science graduate program format options that might be available:
- Online teaching science graduate programs – If you’re looking for a flexible graduate program option, consider earning your doctorate or masters in science education online. In online graduate programs, you could access your courses when and where you need to. That means you could study at home and keep spending time with your family, continue being there for your students every day, or continue your full time job. Plus, you could have access to valuable online resources and communicate with your professors through your online course module.
- Teaching science graduate schools – If you value the experience of the campus community, science education graduate schools may be a great fit. Teaching science graduate schools offer the support of faculty with local experience, alongside the resources and social opportunity of a campus. One perk of studying in a local campus might be that your professors may be familiar with your local education system, and be able to speak directly to your needs as a teacher. A graduate school may also be able to help you organize important observation and student teaching opportunities, so you can take what you’re learning about and see it in action.
- Hybrid teaching science programs – Also referred to as partially online, blended, and low residency, hybrid science education graduate programs may be the compromise you’re looking for. You could take advantage of the resources of a local campus—like local faculty, libraries, observation opportunities, and other services—without giving up the flexibility of online study.
Within these three sciences education graduate program format types, a variety of unique options may be available. This could depend on factors like your location, program requirements, personal preferences, and more. By identifying your learning style and needs, you could identify programs that support your goals and work for you.
Start Searching for Teaching Science Graduate Programs in Virgin Islands Today!
Ready to start searching for your potential science education graduate programs? Whether you want to earn your masters in science education, a science education PhD, or a graduate certificate, great options may be out there in a variety of formats. If you’d like to narrow down your search criteria by program level, format, or location, select those filters in the menu to read more about those particular programs. Then start reading about your options. Click through to request more information from programs you’re interested in or to start your application. Take the next step in your education and your teaching career today!
|State||Employment||Annual Mean Wage|
|Metro Area||Annual Mean Salary||Employment|
|Durham-Chapel Hill, NC||$149,880||720|
|San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA||$80,690||3,290|
GradSchools.com offers Teaching Science Degrees & Graduate Programs in Virgin Islands
Grand Canyon University