Masters in Operations Management Online
Online operations management graduate programs could be the flexible solution you’re looking for to enhance your career through education. Earning your operations management degree online, you could hone the leadership and analytical skills you may need to help your organization—and yourself—succeed. A variety of programs might be available online, including more specialized programs. The education you want, in a format that works for you. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, browse online operations management graduate programs now or continue reading to learn more.
Why Earn Your Operations Management Degree Online?
Online operations management graduate programs use technology to provide a flexible course schedule. In other words, you could earn that degree without necessarily compromising on your career, and personal life. Many online programs even offer similar resources and benefits as campus programs, such as online library resources, academic and career counseling, academic support services, or social networking.
An online operations management degree at the graduate level could help prepare you for a variety of responsibilities in the field. For example, you could find yourself overseeing project teams, being responsible for balancing costs and revenue, or helping to improve processes for greater efficiency. As such, online operations management programs might study topics like financial accounting, project management and methodologies, statistical and business analysis. Course topics may vary depending on your interests and the program in question. Additionally, some programs may focus on certain industries, or even provide specialization options to support specific career paths. Potential operations management specializations include:
- Construction Management: Take your construction industry expertise to the
- next level by combining it with leadership and project management skills! Construction managers may oversee projects and teams from conception through execution. Graduate programs may focus on project management, methodologies, legal compliance, and other relevant topics.
- Supply Chain Management: An advanced degree in supply chain management could help prepare you for roles crucial to your organization’s productivity and profitability. The skills you develop in a graduate program could support your responsibilities overseeing supply chain and inventory management.
- Quality Management – Earning a graduate quality management degree online, you could develop important skills and strategies to ensure the quality of your organization’s work, culture, and profitability.
- Contract Management – Study contract negotiation and law, learn to write contracts, compose and respond to proposals, and develop strategies to manage the implementation and execution of contracts in your organization. This could include managing any problems and conflicts that arise, and ensuring the satisfaction of involved parties.
Other options include industry-specific programs, or even graduate online operations research degree programs for those interested in studying the effectiveness of business operations in an academic or consulting context.
How to Choose Your Online Operations Management Graduate Programs
As a motivated professional, choosing an online operations management graduate program could be an important step for your career. Balancing what you need to learn with your schedule and learning style could help you make the most of your graduate education.
As you choose which online operations management graduate schools to apply to, here are some things to keep in mind:
- How do my online operations management graduate programs support my education? – Many online programs may seek to provide comparable benefits and services to students as campus based programs, such as career counseling, tutoring, and library services. However, the specifics might vary between schools, so if you have specific learning needs or accommodations, follow up with the schools you’re considering to familiarize yourself with the services they might offer.
- Who would be teaching me? – If your online operations management graduate programs are associated with a campus-based graduate school, in some cases the faculty teaching online courses might not be the same. Learning more about your potential teachers could help you make a more educated decision where to study.
- Does the schedule work for me? – Online operations management graduate programs may provide flexibility to earn your degree on your schedule. But the different ways online graduate programs offer this flexibility may vary between schools, and could affect the way your courses are formatted. Follow up with your potential schools to learn more.
Earn Your Operations Management Masters Degree Online
Enhance your career by earning your operations management masters degree online! Great programs could be available at your level. While many programs may be designed primarily to serve experienced professionals, some programs might be suited for new graduates or those looking to make a career change. In a masters program, you could develop the skills you need to position yourself as a leader. This could include managing teams of people more effectively, overseeing processes, and making data-driven decisions to support profitability. In an online operations management masters program, you might earn an operations management MBA (Master of Business Administration), MA (Master of Arts) or MS (Master of Science).
Online Operations Management Doctorate Programs
Take your career and your education to the next level by earning your doctorate in operations management online! Online operations research doctoral programs could support a variety of career paths, including leadership and c-suite positions, whether you currently serve in that role or aspire to do so. Doctoral programs might also support research and consulting careers. Overall, earning your doctorate in operations management online could be a flexible path to demonstrating your expertise through an advanced credential. In an online doctoral program, you could earn your operations management DBA or PhD.
Earn Your Graduate Certificate in Operations Management Online
Online operations management graduate certificate programs could be an option whether you’ve never attended graduate school or have already earned a graduate degree. Online operations management certificate programs may be offered at the masters and post-masters level. Certificate programs also tend to be shorter than degree programs. That means you could study a specific topic of interest—whether you want to develop a new operations management skill or advance your expertise in a certain area—and earn a credential in comparatively less time. A variety of graduate certificate types may be available, including within specialty subjects like supply chain management or construction management.
Find Your Online Operations Management Graduate Programs Today!
Are you ready to earn your graduate operations management degree online? Find great online operations management degree programs with GradSchools.com. Browse our sponsored program listings, or narrow those results down by selecting your preferred program level or specialty from the menu. If you’re interested in a particular program, click on the program name to read more, or to reach out for more information!
- Some of the nation's most affordable tuition rates, from a private, nonprofit, NEASC accredited university
- Qualified students with 2.5 GPA and up may receive up to $20K in grants & scholarships
- Multiple term start dates throughout the year. 24/7 online classroom access
Walden UniversityDoctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) - Global Supply Chain Management
American UniversityMaster of Science in Measurement and Evaluation
Norwich UniversityMaster of Business Administration - Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Westcliff UniversityMBA Supply Chain Management Concentration
Utica CollegeMS in Data Science - Business Analytics
Southern New Hampshire UniversityMBA w/conc in Operations/Supply Chain Management MSM Construction Management
University of Tennessee - KnoxvilleMS Supply Chain Managment
Liberty University OnlineMaster of Business Administration: Supply Chain Management & Logistics Doctor of Business Administration: Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Colorado Technical UniversityMaster of Business Administration - Operations and Supply Chain Management Master of Business Administration - Logistics Management
American InterContinental UniversityMBA - Operations Management
University of Southern CaliforniaConstruction Management Operations Research Engineering
Rochester Institute of TechnologyManufacturing Leadership (MS) Strategic Training (Adv. Certificate) Statistical Quality (Adv. Certificate)
Bellevue UniversityMaster of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management Master of Science in Acquisition and Contract Management
British Columbia Institute of TechnologyInternational Construction Management
Illinois Institute of TechnologyIndustrial Technology and Management Manufacturing Technology and Operations