Health Informatics Grad Schools
Health informatics grad schools offer programs that teach how to simplify the transfer of digital medical documents. Courses cover basic medical practices with the goal of developing students’ understanding of health professionals’ routines.
Classes then instruct students how to create computer systems. Combining these two fields could help students create complementary computer systems to address concerns in the medical field.
Health Informatics Grad Schools: Degree Options
Healthcare IT graduate schools may offer masters, graduate certificate, and doctoral degree program options. Below are some of the basics about earning these degrees.
- A masters in health informatics program offers classes to enhance transition-of-care systems. These systems are used whenever a patient’s information is sent from one department to another.
Courses could include information management, telecommunications, and patient recordkeeping. Students could further concentrate their studies into fields like dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing informatics.
- Health informatics graduate certificate programs are often shorter because they build on students’ previous IT knowledge. Usually, students are required to have earned a bachelors degree in IT or a related field prior to applying. In health informatics graduate certificate programs more time could be devoted to advanced topics in health IT.
Courses could include biomedical ethics, medical reimbursement, and healthcare computer systems.
- Health Informatics PhD programs are designed to help students perform their own research to enhance the health IT field. Classes look to develop students' understanding of different trends in health informatics. Students could then apply this knowledge to design complementary computer systems for different parts of the healthcare field.
Courses might cover topics like biostatistics, biomedical
- datamining, and electronic health recordkeeping.
It’s important to note that health informatics graduate programs may require students to take part in an internship before graduating. These requirements vary by school. Speak with possible health informatics grad schools for more internship details.
Degrees offered may vary between healthcare IT graduate schools. Be sure to speak with possible programs to get all of the details.
Searching for Health Informatics Grad Schools
To continue your search for perfect health informatics grad schools, browse the list of links on this page. To refine your search, select your preferred degree program from the menus on this page.
- San Francisco, CASan Francisco, CA
University of San Francisco
The Art and Science of Health Data Analytics - The Master of Science in Health Informatics is a rigorous program at the intersection of biomedical and information sciences.
- Chiang Mai, ThailandChiang Mai, Thailand
Khon Kaen University
KKU is the center of creativity, thoughts, social and academic wisdom, and education of the northeast of Thailand.
- East Lansing, MIEast Lansing, MI
Michigan State University
This program is designed for working medical laboratory professionals in need of updating their skills and knowledge to meet the demands of modern mol...
- Umea, SwedenUmea, Sweden
- Boston, MABoston, MA
MGH Institute Of Health Professions
The Program in Medical Imaging provides individuals who have a bachelor's degree with the academic knowledge and clinical skills essential to the prof...
- La Jolla, CALa Jolla, CA
University of California - San Diego
The University of California at San Diego is a premier research institution that has fostered interdisciplinary research since its inception.
- Dunedin, New ZealandDunedin, New Zealand
University of Otago
The University is committed to international education and has long been acknowledged as a leader in this field in New Zealand.
- Utrecht, NetherlandsUtrecht, Netherlands
The Master's programme in Biomedical Image Sciences focuses on biomedical imaging, image processing and medical physics in the broadest sense.
The George Washington University
Established in the heart of the nation's capital in 1821, GW provides innovative programs in more than 200 fields of study, including graduate certificate, master's, and doctoral programs. Under the guidance of a world-renowned faculty, you will explore...
- Fairfax, VAFairfax, VA
George Mason University
- Allendale, MIAllendale, MI
Grand Valley State University
The Professional Science Master's in Biostatistics is one of only two such PSM biostatistics programs in the country.
- Newark, NJNewark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Developing new statistical methods, applying existing techniques, to interpret data about the medical and life sciences.
- Fairfield, CTFairfield, CT
Sacred Heart University
In our ever-more interconnected world, digital technology is transforming the healthcare industry. From patient charts to hospital orders, healthcare information technology (IT) is streamlining care and improving outcomes.
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
The innovative, interdisciplinary, and state-of-the-art M.S.
- Garden City, NYGarden City, NY
Develop healthcare delivery and management expertise with our M.S. in Healthcare Informatics program.
- Sydney, AustraliaSydney, Australia
University of Sydney
- Murfreesboro, TNMurfreesboro, TN
Middle Tennessee State University
- Lincoln, NELincoln, NE
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
The goal of the M.S. program is to give students training in the methods, applications and theory of statistics and biometry to work as professional s...
- Miami, FLMiami, FL
Barry University's graduate certificate in Health Care Planning and Informatics is designed for health care managers seeking skills in organizational...
- Hempstead, NYHempstead, NY
Master's program that provides students with a strong foundation in the basic science of Medical Physics...