United States Health Informatics Grad Schools
Health informatics grad schools offer programs that teach how to simplify the transfer of digital medical documents. Courses cover basic medical practices with the goal of developing students’ understanding of health professionals’ routines.
Classes then instruct students how to create computer systems. Combining these two fields could help students create complementary computer systems to address concerns in the medical field.
Health Informatics Grad Schools: Degree Options
Healthcare IT graduate schools may offer masters, graduate certificate, and doctoral degree program options. Below are some of the basics about earning these degrees.
- A masters in health informatics program offers classes to enhance transition-of-care systems. These systems are used whenever a patient’s information is sent from one department to another.
Courses could include information management, telecommunications, and patient recordkeeping. Students could further concentrate their studies into fields like dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing informatics.
- Health informatics graduate certificate programs are often shorter because they build on students’ previous IT knowledge. Usually, students are required to have earned a bachelors degree in IT or a related field prior to applying. In health informatics graduate certificate programs more time could be devoted to advanced topics in health IT.
Courses could include biomedical ethics, medical reimbursement, and healthcare computer systems.
- Health Informatics PhD programs are designed to help students perform their own research to enhance the health IT field. Classes look to develop students' understanding of different trends in health informatics. Students could then apply this knowledge to design complementary computer systems for different parts of the healthcare field.
Courses might cover topics like biostatistics, biomedical
- datamining, and electronic health recordkeeping.
It’s important to note that health informatics graduate programs may require students to take part in an internship before graduating. These requirements vary by school. Speak with possible health informatics grad schools for more internship details.
Degrees offered may vary between healthcare IT graduate schools. Be sure to speak with possible programs to get all of the details.
Searching for Health Informatics Grad Schools
To continue your search for perfect health informatics grad schools, browse the list of links on this page. To refine your search, select your preferred degree program from the menus on this page.
- Rochester, NYRochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology
The master of science degree in bioinformatics is offered on a full- and part-time basis.
- San Francisco, CASan Francisco, CA
University of San Francisco
The Art and Science of Health Data Analytics - The Master of Science in Health Informatics is a rigorous program at the intersection of biomedical and information sciences.
- Newark, NJNewark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Developing new statistical methods, applying existing techniques, to interpret data about the medical and life sciences.
- Saint Louis, MOSaint Louis, MO
Washington University in St Louis
The goal of the program is to train a new generation of scientists who can bridge the gap between massive quantities of biological data and the comput...
- Garden City, NYGarden City, NY
Develop healthcare delivery and management expertise with our M.S. in Healthcare Informatics program.
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
The innovative, interdisciplinary, and state-of-the-art M.S.
- Fairfield, CTFairfield, CT
Sacred Heart University
In our ever-more interconnected world, digital technology is transforming the healthcare industry. From patient charts to hospital orders, healthcare information technology (IT) is streamlining care and improving outcomes.
- Allendale, MIAllendale, MI
Grand Valley State University
The Professional Science Master's in Biostatistics is one of only two such PSM biostatistics programs in the country.
- Baltimore, MDBaltimore, MD
Morgan State University
The creation and development of advanced information and computational technologies for problem solving in biology.
- New Orleans, LANew Orleans, LA
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
Biostatistics is concerned with the development and application of statistical methodology to the study of living organisms.
- Atlanta, GAAtlanta, GA
Public health decision-making requires sound quantitative data to support deployment of resources for massive prevention and intervention campaigns an...
- Durham, NCDurham, NC
The MMCi program is the only interdisciplinary management program of its kind in the United States - leveraging Duke's world-renowned track record in medicine, business, and health informatics.
- Durham, KS
- Lincoln, NELincoln, NE
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
The goal of the M.S. program is to give students training in the methods, applications and theory of statistics and biometry to work as professional s...
- Murfreesboro, TNMurfreesboro, TN
Middle Tennessee State University
- Portland, ORPortland, OR
Oregon Health & Science University
The major goal of the masters and certificate programs is to educate the future developers and managers of health care information systems.