Health Informatics Grad Schools
Health informatics grad schools offer programs that teach how to simplify the transfer of digital medical documents. Courses cover basic medical practices with the goal of developing students’ understanding of health professionals’ routines.
Classes then instruct students how to create computer systems. Combining these two fields could help students create complementary computer systems to address concerns in the medical field.
Health Informatics Grad Schools: Degree Options
Healthcare IT graduate schools may offer masters, graduate certificate, and doctoral degree program options. Below are some of the basics about earning these degrees.
- A masters in health informatics program offers classes to enhance transition-of-care systems. These systems are used whenever a patient’s information is sent from one department to another.
Courses could include information management, telecommunications, and patient recordkeeping. Students could further concentrate their studies into fields like dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing informatics.
- Health informatics graduate certificate programs are often shorter because they build on students’ previous IT knowledge. Usually, students are required to have earned a bachelors degree in IT or a related field prior to applying. In health informatics graduate certificate programs more time could be devoted to advanced topics in health IT.
Courses could include biomedical ethics, medical reimbursement, and healthcare computer systems.
- Health Informatics PhD programs are designed to help students perform their own research to enhance the health IT field. Classes look to develop students' understanding of different trends in health informatics. Students could then apply this knowledge to design complementary computer systems for different parts of the healthcare field.
Courses might cover topics like
- biostatistics, biomedical datamining, and electronic health recordkeeping.
It’s important to note that health informatics graduate programs may require students to take part in an internship before graduating. These requirements vary by school. Speak with possible health informatics grad schools for more internship details.
Degrees offered may vary between healthcare IT graduate schools. Be sure to speak with possible programs to get all of the details.
Searching for Health Informatics Grad Schools
To continue your search for perfect health informatics grad schools, browse the list of links on this page. To refine your search, select your preferred degree program from the menus on this page.
- Rochester, NYRochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology
The master of science degree in bioinformatics is offered on a full- and part-time basis.
- Albany, NYAlbany, NY
University At Albany (S.U.N.Y.)
Concentrations in:,brStatistics Applied Statistics...
- Raleigh, NCRaleigh, NC
North Carolina State University
Handling and analyzing large amounts of data continues to be an urgent need in genomic science. Bioinformatics emerged in response to this need.
- Milwaukee, WIMilwaukee, WI
Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary program jointly offered by Marquette University and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Saint Louis, MOSaint Louis, MO
St. Louis University
Trains persons who will be involved in the design and analysis of experiments and sample surveys, and in the analysis of data related to biomedical an...
- Hempstead, NYHempstead, NY
This program seeks to train expert health IT practitioners who can provide leadership in a broad range of projects.
- Hempstead, NY
- Montreal, QCMontreal, QC
Bioinformatics (Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Programs)...
- Portland, ORPortland, OR
Oregon Health & Science University
The major goal of the masters and certificate programs is to educate the future developers and managers of health care information systems.
- Evanston, ILEvanston, IL
Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies
One-year public health research degree for pre-doctoral and post-doctoral students. Also training for statistical analysts.
- Leicester, United KingdomLeicester, United Kingdom
- Milwaukee, WIMilwaukee, WI
Medical College of Wisconsin
The Medical College of Wisconsin and Milwaukee School of Engineering have combined their expertise to offer a joint Master of Science degree in Medica...
- East Lansing, MIEast Lansing, MI
Michigan State University
This program is designed for working medical laboratory professionals in need of updating their skills and knowledge to meet the demands of modern mol...
- Columbia, ALColumbia, AL
University of Missouri - Columbia
Since the 1970s, MU has offered a first class learning environment essential for the future professional who functions at the intersection of health c...
- Newark, NJNewark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Developing new statistical methods, applying existing techniques, to interpret data about the medical and life sciences.
- Allendale, MIAllendale, MI
Grand Valley State University
The Professional Science Master's in Biostatistics is one of only two such PSM biostatistics programs in the country.
- Fairfax, VAFairfax, VA
George Mason UniversityUpcoming Start Date: January 22, 2019
- Columbia, SCColumbia, SC
University of South Carolina
The biostatistics curriculum is designed for students pursuing careers in community health measurement, design and management of health data systems,...
- Miami, FLMiami, FL
Barry University's graduate certificate in Health Care Planning and Informatics is designed for health care managers seeking skills in organizational...
- Atlanta, GAAtlanta, GA
Public health decision-making requires sound quantitative data to support deployment of resources for massive prevention and intervention campaigns an...
- Dublin, IrelandDublin, Ireland
Trinity College Dublin
- London, United KingdomLondon, United Kingdom
St. James's Park College