Fine Arts Colleges and Art Graduate Schools
Most Fine Art Universities offer unique on-campus fine arts graduate degrees where artists have access to many resources. For their artistic and networking endeavors, students might use facilities such as student studios, lounges, and exhibition spaces. To research and write, most fine art universities have libraries, labs, computer complexes, darkrooms, and studios. These factors, plus an art graduate school’s unique programs of study may help you narrow down where to go for your graduate degree in fine arts.
On-Campus Fine Arts Graduate Degrees
Fine Art universities offer Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Master of Arts (MA), and PhD level courses of study. Since not every fine arts school offers the same programs, you can start a search at the degree level. Degrees you can pursue include:
- The MFA degree is a top-level, professional graduate degree in visual arts. While for some it may be the continuation of a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), others might apply with a Bachelors degree, portfolio of work, and school-specific material.
- The DFA (Doctor of Fine Arts) is often more of an honorary award for a person’s contribution to the art world, but if you are interested in a research-based doctorate, PhD in Arts programs span art history and other disciplines.
- Graduate Certificates in Fine Arts offer thematic coursework that may provide take-away techniques or refine talents.
Choose an Area of Study in the Fine Arts
In what area of study do you want to earn your fine arts graduate degree? Fine arts universities offer unique program options, faculty you may want to mentor with, or internships in the local community (e.g. museum, art gallery etc.). Areas of study include:
- Visual Arts
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- Modern Arts and the Art Market
- Studio and Digital Arts
- Art and Culture
- Art History
Fine Art Universities by Location
Find fine art universities that are walkable from work, a drive or train ride away, or a totally new adventure. Use the on-page tools to filter degree programs by city, state, or country. Then, contact the fine arts universities with one click. Paint a bright future with a fine arts graduate degree!
- Nagoya, JapanNagoya, Japan
Aichi Prefectural University of Fine Arts and Music
- Richmond Upon Thames, United KingdomRichmond Upon Thames, United Kingdom
Richmond, The American International University in London
Richmond offers an American curriculum to an international student population in one of the world's major capital cities.
- Cairo, EgyptCairo, Egypt
American University in Cairo, The
A degree designed for academics interested in further their studies of Islamic Art and/or Architecture. Cairo is utilized for hands on experiences as...
- Mount Pleasant, MIMount Pleasant, MI
Central Michigan University
- Sacramento, CASacramento, CA
California State University, Sacramento
The Master of Arts degree program in Art Studio with an emphasis in Fine Art with both traditional and non-traditional media.
- Tianjin, ChinaTianjin, China
- Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Stony Brook, NYStony Brook, NY
Stony Brook University (S.U.N.Y.)
- Edwardsville, ILEdwardsville, IL
Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
The Master of Fine Arts degree is a terminal studio degree designed to further the individual development of degree candidates and to provide them wit...
- Mumbai, IndiaMumbai, India
SNDT Women's University
- Newcastle Upon Tyne, United KingdomNewcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Northumbria University, Newcastle
- Yokohama, JapanYokohama, Japan
- Palmerston North, New ZealandPalmerston North, New Zealand
- Morehead, KYMorehead, KY
Morehead State University
The Master of Arts in Art degree is offered with major fields of study in studio art and art education.
- Albany, NYAlbany, NY
University At Albany (S.U.N.Y.)
Painting, Sculpture, Drawing, Printmaking...