United States Blended Graduate Programs in Fine Arts
Hybrid Fine Arts Graduate Programs offer courses of study that may lead to a Master of Arts (MA), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree. Students usually seek a program in an area where they want to develop professionally, such as Interdisciplinary Arts, Visual Arts, Literary Arts, Art History, and Art Education, for example.
What Makes Hybrid Fine Art Graduate Programs Unique?
Hybrid Fine Arts Graduate Programs allow students to earn their fine arts degree through a blend of on-campus residencies and self-created online study. While working toward their degree in fine arts, students often receive the support and guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Residencies: The residency is often a vibrant period where students take part in workshops, seminars, lectures, and discussions. They might also use this time to form bonds, to network, or just to learn from faculty in-person. Also, students usually participate in small, intensive, faculty-guided peer group critiques.
- Online Courses: While on their own, fine arts study plans are typically designed around students’ individual goals and passions. These usually factor in an intensive dialogue with faculty mentors, and allow students to work at their own pace.
How to Choose a Hybrid Graduate Program in Fine Arts
Some students might look for Hybrid Fine Arts Graduate programs in a specific location. This could be a fine arts university that is walkable from work, out of state, or offers their residencies abroad. It really is personal. If location is not an issue, you should consider the type of graduate degree in fine arts that suits your artistic and professional needs.
- Masters in Fine Arts (MFA) Programs might enhance creativity, give you a chance to give and receive feedback, and refine your techniques. As the next step after earning a Bachelors or BFA degree, courses are typically at more
- advanced levels, and you must spend some time on your portfolio. Research skills may be developed both to help you in your masters thesis or with valuable skills in critical analysis.
- Master of Arts (MA) Programs are often teacher education or art history programs where there is less studio time and online courses may provide some flexibility with other duties.
- PhD in Fine Arts Programs are research-focused doctoral degrees in the arts. The Doctor of Fine Arts (DFA) is an applied-research doctoral degree and usually awarded for notable contribution in one’s field.
- Fine Arts Graduate Certificates are non-degrees but may provide a short-term course of study that fortifies or teaches techniques.
Find Accredited Hybrid Fine Arts Graduate Programs
Do you need to manage your time a certain way? Do you want to work on your portfolio, learn to communicate your artistic vision? Hybrid Fine Arts Graduate programs might appeal on all fronts.
Check through our sponsored school listings programs to find a blended online MFA degree, MA, Certificate, or PhD Fine Arts degree. Then, easily contact the universities through the on-page form. Get started earning your degree!
- Incline Village, NVIncline Village, NV
Sierra Nevada College
A unique low-residency program focused on creative problem solving, fostered by critical thinking, with an emphasis on community...
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
Moore College Of Art And Design
The MA in Art & Social Engagement is a specialized program focused on the study of community- based art within a social context.
- Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia, PA
- West Hartford, CTWest Hartford, CT
University of Hartford
With dynamic, cross-disciplinary coursework at sites throughout the Americas, this MFA prepares artists to engage with the most pressing issues of our time.
- Plainfield, VTPlainfield, VT
The Master of Fine Arts in Interdisciplinary Arts (MFAIA) engages artists from a variety of practices, including visual arts, dance, music, theater, performance art, social practice, design, digital media, and the literary arts, to study in a rigorou...
- Port Townsend, WA
- Plainfield, VT
- Bloomington, INBloomington, IN
Ancient, Byzantine and Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque, Modern, Art Theory, East Asian, African...
- Cambridge, MACambridge, MA
The MFA in Visual Arts low-residency program provides the ideal solution for those who are seeking advancement in visual arts.
- Montpelier, VTMontpelier, VT
Vermont College of Fine Arts
The MFA in Visual Art at the VCFA allows students to earn a 60-credit MFA degree over a period of two years.
- Portland, MEPortland, ME
Institute for Doctoral Studies in the Visual Arts
The Institute for Doctoral Studies in the Visual Arts was founded for the sole purpose of providing doctoral studies...
- Portland, ME
- Baltimore, MDBaltimore, MD
Maryland Institute College of Art
MICA offers 18 unique graduate degree & certificate programs for artists, designers, curators, writers & educators.
- Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore, MD
- Greensburg, PAGreensburg, PA
Seton Hill University
This one-of-a-kind program teaches writers to create – and market – the fiction that sells.
- Bowling Green, KYBowling Green, KY
Bowling Green State University-Main Campus
Art, Creative Writing.
- Boston, MABoston, MA
Northeastern offers a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Studio Art in conjunction with Boston’s School of the Museum of Fin...