Milwaukee Masters in Web Design and Web Development on Campus Degrees
Masters in Web Design and Web Development on Campus Degrees and Programs Info
Enrolling in a Masters in Web Design and Web Development on Campus degree program might be a wise choice for the student who has a keen sense of design and analysis as well as a passion for computer programming. Web design masters programs can prepare students for a variety of career paths in an industry with a positive job outlook, as well as help the working professional to refresh technical education and skill-sets.
FACT: According to BLS data, employment of web developers is projected to grow 20% from 2012 to 2022, which is faster than average for all occupations.[i]
GradSchools.com makes searching for a Masters in Web Design and Web Development on Campus degree very straightforward. You can start with a location search to determine where you are interested in studying; use the tabs to define the city, state or country and browse the listings. Or, review the options and then decide where you want to go depending on which degree might help you meet your academic and professional goals.
Studying on campus can be a rewarding experience; you get face-to-face interaction with classmates and professors or teaching assistants, as well as opportunity to create networks. You also get access to on-campus social services, and facilities such as libraries and computer laboratories. You may also want to visit the athletic amenities or support your school’s football team to refresh yourself between study breaks.
What is Web Design Degree?
You may have noticed in the past few years that the usage of Internet in each household has grown substantially. We have computers, mobile phones, tablets, electronic car starters, and do not have to leave home to do our shopping. It is common in today’s e-commerce marketplace that most businesses, whether retail or wholesale, conduct
transactions online, and have some kind of online presence through websites, social media and online marketing campaigns.
Web Development is a expansive term used to define work that involves developing a web site for the Internet, or ‘world wide web’, as well as for private networks, called Intranets. Someone in Web development can perform simple tasks such as developing a page of text, to very complex tasks such as web content development, web design, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network configuration and e-commerce development. Typically, web design and development master’s degrees can provide learners with in-depth knowledge of both web design and web development.
Potential curriculum in Masters in Web Design and Web Development Schools
- Web design
- Database design and development
- Software programming
- Information security
- E-business processes
Potential Careers for Graduates with Masters in Web Design and Web Development on Campus degrees
One of the career paths that graduates holding a master’s in web design and development might pursue is that of Web Developer. Basically, a Web developer designs and creates websites and is responsible for different aspects of websites. Some of the responsibilities of a web developer can include[iii]:
- Creative look and layout of a site
- Technical aspects, such as website performance and capacity
- Content generation
- Meeting clients
- Debugging applications
- Integrating different platforms on the site
- Develop testing routines or procedures
- Evaluate utility of software or hardware technologies
- Prepare graphics or other visual representations of information
- Create databases to store electronic data
- Design websites or web applications
The following are some types of specialized web developers[iv]:
- Web architects or programmers are responsible for the overall technical construction of a website, including basic framework and the establishment of practices which all others to add content
- Webmasters are responsible for maintaining websites and keeping them updated
Depending on factors such as, but not limited to, a graduate’s experience and education, other career paths that might be explored can include[v]:
- Computer Systems Analysts: analyze science, engineering, business and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems[vi]
- Software Developers, Systems Software: research, design, develop, and test operating system software, compilers and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications[vii]
- Database Administrators administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems[viii]
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes[ix]
- Web Administrators manage web environment design, development, and maintenance activities, and considered to have a “bright” job outlook[x]
FUN FACTS: some of the technology is used in web design and development includes:[xi]
- Application server software (JBoss, Oracle)
- Development environment software (Android, Microsoft)
- Graphics or photo imaging software (Adobe)
- Object or component oriented development software (Apple Cocoa, Microsoft Active X, Python)
Ready to pursue a Masters in Web Design and Web Development on Campus degree?
Computers and information technology have a huge impact on our lives, and the high demand for services provided by this industry has created a large number of fast-growing and high paying IT jobs[xii]. This optimistic job outlook for occupations in technology related fields, and especially in those related to web design and development can mean that pursuing a masters in web design and development degree has the potentially to make your future professional life look bright! Start your search through the listings on GradSchools.com to find the web design degree that feels like a fit for your unique needs!
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/web-developers.htm#tab-6 | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/web-developers.htm#tab-4 | [iii] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1134.00 | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/web-developers.htm#tab-2 | [v] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1134.00 | [vi] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1121.00 | [vii] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1133.00 | [viii] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1141.00 | [ix] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.01 | [x] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1199.01 | [xi] onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1134.00 | [xii] bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-2/pdf/careers-in-growing-field-of-information-technology-services.pdf