Masters in Telecommunications & Networking Programs in Washington
For graduate students who are interested in the evolution of telecommunications technology, pursuing a Masters in Networking or Telecommunications may provide a career focused with the knowledge and skills to work in this growing industry.
GradSchools.com makes reviewing your potential options for masters in telecommunications and networking simple. You can perform a location search to determine where you could study; just use the city, state, or country tabs and browse results. Or you can search telecommunications graduate programs for Masters degree programs and select the learning format you require. More schools are offering distance-learning options because network technology is in continual evolution. For instance, Network and Computer Systems Administrators need to keep up with the latest developments, and many take courses throughout their careers, per the BLS. Both online and hybrid formats might be the right fit if you are a busy professional.
Masters in Telecommunication
Telecommunications is the term used when the exchange of information between two or more entities includes the use of technology. A communications network is a collection of transmitters, receivers, and communications channels that send messages to one another. We use telecommunications in our daily life whenever we are speaking on a cellular telephone, text messaging, surfing the Internet, watching a football game on television or using online banking. Electrical devices are used for sending messages so frequently. Just think of all the emails sitting in your IN box!
The rapid growth of telecommunications technology has, in many ways, altered the way we communicate and transmit information, and has become a growing and changing industry in and of it. Not surprisingly to keep information technology systems running smoothly, a large workforce is needed to maintain networks, create new software, and ensure information that is transmitted is secure, according to the BLS.
FUN FACT: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Cloud computing and cyber security are only two areas that are expected to lead overall employment increases in the computer systems design and related services industry; health care IT, mobile networking and data management also may contribute to growth over the next decade.
What is a Masters in Networking and Telecommunications Program?
Typically, Masters in Networking and Telecommunications Programs could instruct students how to design networks, integrate new technology into an organization, establish new standards, develop cost models for new technology adoption, or calculate the return of investment for telecommunications or networking projects.
Depending on your undergraduate degree background, there are different concentrations that students enrolled in masters in telecommunications and networking could select from. For instance, you might earn an MS Telecommunications Engineering, an MS in Information Technology-Network Management, or an MS in Telecommunications and Networking. Or, you can pursue studies in Digital Communications, Telecommunications Systems or Telecommunications and Computer Networking at the Master’s level.
Graduate Schools with Masters in Telecom and Networking Programs in Washington
|MS IAC – Network Defense||Capella University||MS|
Masters in Telecommunications and Networking Potential Curriculum
With different programs and concentrations to choose from, Masters in Telecommunications and Networking curriculums are likely to vary between schools and program formats. Some of the potential topics of study might include:
- Communications Systems Management
- Network Management
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Theory, Processes and Products in Telecommunication and Networking
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Electro Magnetics
- Optical Fibers
- Mobile communications
- Telecommunications software
- Digital communications systems
MS Telecommunications Potential Career Paths
With the growing impact of technology, there are different potential career paths for graduates who earn Master’s degrees in Telecommunications and Networking. Some of these occupations might include:
- Computer Network Architects: build and design data communications networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and intranets. These networks range from a small connection between two offices to a multinational series of globally distributed communications systems
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators: Computer networks are a vital part of many organizations. Network and computer systems administrators are responsible for the daily operations of these networks
- Computer and Information Research Scientists: invent and design new approaches to computing technology and find innovative uses for existing technology. They study and solve complex problems in computing for business, medicine, science, and other fields
- Computer Hardware Engineers: research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices, networks, and routers. By creating new directions in computer hardware, these engineers create new advances in computer technology
- Information security Analysts: plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization’s networks and systems
|State||Employment||Annual Mean Wage|
|Metro Area||Annual Mean Salary||Employment|
|New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA||$119,920||7,380|
|San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA||$116,980||2,270|
|San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA||$116,390||1,170|
Ready to pursue a Masters in Telecommunications and Networking near Washington ?
If you are eager to enroll in advanced studies that may help provide you with the technical knowledge and skill sets to potentially jumpstart a career in the high-tech world that we live in, start looking into Master’s in Telecommunication and Networking Programs on GradSchools.com. Whether you are interested in Internet technology, wireless systems cybersecurity or management and strategy, find the Degree that may suit your goals!
GradSchools.com offers masters programs in telecommunications & networking in Washington