Masters in Technology on Campus Degrees and Programs
Masters in Technology on Campus Degrees and Programs Info:
In some ways, a Masters in Technology on Campus Degree can be seen as an umbrella term for different aspects of the industry. From computer science, to big data, cybersecurity and information technology, there is broad range of technology degrees that may be available. Earning your master’s in technology may be a great academic choice for the student who is driven by mathematics and data, or captivated by the uses of computers and other technological devices. Whether you are interested in pursuing a master’s in technology with the purpose of adding knowledge to an existing career in the industry, or you want to be part of the next generation of an evolving workforce in technology, you can begin looking into your degree options on GradSchools.com.
What could I Learn in A Masters in Technology on Campus Program?:
Masters in Technology on Campus degree programs can vary from school to school; the general aim of masters in technology on campus programs is to provide learners with up-to-date proficiencies and knowledge in an array of technical areas. Some of these areas may include health care management, business administration and project management, advanced computer science and cloud computing, software development, network administration, geographic information systems, information technology and cyber security. Depending on your own personal end goal, you might be able to choose a degree program that may potentially prepare you to pursue a career in that specific field, or choose a more general program.
Education Paths in Technology and Potential Future Careers:
Different career paths may have different education and experience requirements. In the case of a system’s analyst, most have a bachelor’s in a computer-related field, and some employers prefer applicants who
have an MBA with a concentration in information systems. For some of the more technical jobs, it may be more suitable to have a master’s in computer science[i]. Here are a few more education-related facts from the Bureau Of Labor Statistics:
- Some businesses require that network and computer systems administrators earn a master’s degree, and companies may require their network and computer systems administrators to become certified in the product they use.[ii]
- In the case of computer hardware engineers, some large firms or specialized jobs require a master’s degree in computer engineering, and some experienced engineers obtain a master’s degree in business administration[iii]
- Most computer and information research scientists require a Ph.D. in computer science or a related field, such as computer engineering.[iv]
- If your goal is to be prepared to look for a technically complex job, earning a master’s in computer science may be appropriate.[i]
If you want to develop the latest greatest app, fight cybercrime, collect and manage data or a team of IT workers for a large corporation, the Technology industry might offer interesting career paths for the future graduate to look into.
What Are Some Potential Advantages to Campus Study in Technology?
If you want the traditional college experience, finding an accredited school is easy on GradSchools.com. You can search by location, using the city, state, or country tabs to browse results, or just peruse the listings. A college campus graduate program in technology can be a great way to interact with classmates, peers, and professors. You can potentially build new networks, join activities, and have access to campus amenities, such as libraries, computer laboratories, and even the athletic facilities. You may need to stretch a bit, you will be spending long hours at a computer!
What Is The Job Outlook For The Masters in Technology on Campus Graduates?
Students who have earned a Master’s in Technology might be prepared to pursue potential career opportunities in a variety of career paths. Some high-technology occupations are scientific, while others are technical or engineering oriented.[v] Here are some interesting facts about the projected job outlook for occupations in technology, according to BLS reports:
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics employment of systems software developers is projected to grow 72% between 2010 and 2020![vi]
- With the dramatic increase of cyber attacks the BLS projects employment growth in computer systems designs and related services.
- Computer systems design and related services, from building cloud-computing to creating security applications, are constantly demanding and in high demand[vi]
While computer occupations form the largest portion of the technology industry, there are also managers, business and financial workers, and administrators, as different jobs help keep the IT world running efficiently.[i] Some of the potential career paths for graduates holding master’s in technology might include:
- Computer Systems Analyst[vii]: study an organization’s current computer systems and procedures and design information systems solutions to help the organization operate more efficiently
- Computer and Information Systems Manager:[viii] often called IT managers, plan, coordinate, and direct computer-related activities in an organization
- Database Administrator[ix]: DBAs use specialized software to store and organize data, such as financial information
- Computer and Information Research Scientists:[x] invent and design new approaches to computing technology and find innovative uses for existing technology
The four career paths that are identified by the BLS as having a high growth rate[xi] are:
- Software Developers are the largest occupation in the industry. From creating computer programs and mobile games to upgrading operating systems and designing software for cloud computing, this industry is projected to grow 22% between 2012 and 2022
- Computer Programmers[xii] are writers of code that is used to create software programs. Job prospects are predicted to be better for programmers who have a bachelor’s degree or higher.[xii]
- Computer Systems Analyst[vii] study an organization’s current computer systems and procedures and design information systems solutions to help them operate more efficiently.
- Computer Support Specialists[xi] provide help and advice to people and organizations using computer software of equipment.
Ready To Pursue a Masters in Technology on Campus Degree?
Not only do computers affect many dimensions of our personal lives, but they are also touch more and more industries and products. Mobile games, apps, ignition-less cars, consumer electronics, cell phones, medical records and online banking are only a few of the uses of technology that we witness and use. With the high demand for services provided in the technology industry, a large number of fast-growing and jobs are being created.[xiii]
In order to maintain networks, create new software, and ensure that vital data is secure from cyber attacks, the work force must meet evolving demands.
Do you have dreams of developing the latest greatest app or mobile game? Do you hope to put an end to computer viruses or fight cyber crime? Or, do you have leadership and administrative training and aspire to manage a team of IT workers for a large corporation? If so, the Technology industry has several potential career paths for the future graduate to look into. Find the Campus Master’s in Technology graduate program that could potentially help you reach your academic and vocational goals!
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-systems-analysts.htm#tab-4 | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm#tab-4 | [iii] bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/computer-hardware-engineers.htm#tab-4 | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-and-information-research-scientists.htm#tab-4 | [v] bls.gov/mlr/1999/06/art3full.pdf | [vi] bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-2/pdf/careers-in-growing-field-of-information-technology-services.pdf | [vii] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-systems-analysts.htm | [viii] bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm | [ix] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/database-administrators.htm | [x] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-and-information-research-scientists.htm | [xi] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-support-specialists.htm | [xii] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-programmers.htm | [xiii] bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-programmers.htm#tab-6
- Harrisburg, PAHarrisburg, PA
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
The 36-semester hour graduate program in Human-Centered Interaction Design intends to promote the human-centered collaborative mindsets that are required for careers in the research, specifications, and development of technologically-driven experiences...
- Harrisburg, PA
- Boston, MABoston, MA
Integrate theory with practice, analyze information needs to create solutions by applying a variety of tools and technologies. Insure the organization, accessibility, and management of library and information resources.
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
Temple's College of Engineering has unveiled a new program geared towards addressing the growing global cyber security demand, The Professional Science Master's (PSM) in Computer and Systems Security...
- Buffalo, NYBuffalo, NY
The MS in Data Analytics will prepare you to work as a data specialist across a range of industries and organizations...
- East Greenwich, RIEast Greenwich, RI
New England Institute of Technology
The master’s degree in Information Technology at New England Institute of Technology is designed for IT professionals who want to advance their knowledge in the information technology field as a precursor for management in the IT industry. The program e...
- Chicago, ILChicago, IL
Loyola University Chicago
Develop an advanced understanding of business data analytics and MIS while building a foundation of business and management knowledge in the Dual Degree MBA/MSISM program. Graduates earn both an MBA and Masters in Information Systems Management degree.
- Chicago, IL
- San Francisco, CASan Francisco, CA
University of San Francisco
USF’s one-year Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS) program delivers a rigorous curriculum focused on mathematical and computational techniques in the emerging field of data science.
- San Francisco, CA
- Tampa, FLTampa, FL
University of Tampa
The University of Tampa's Master of Science in Cybersecurity prepares students for careers in the dynamic and growing cybersecurity industry...
- Boulder, COBoulder, CO
University of Colorado - Boulder
Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICTD) track of the Master of Science in Technology Media and Society
Some of the most effective solutions to humanitarian problems come from leveraging technology to address human need. Achieving a balance between technology and societal need is a central objective of this two-year program.
- Edinburgh, United KingdomEdinburgh, United Kingdom
University of Edinburgh
In the era of ever-increasing amounts of data there is a demand for graduates with the ability to analyse data and help organisations with decision making. Combining up-to-the-minute theory with practical application to help you prepare for the job m...
- Austin, TXAustin, TX
- Montgomery, AL
- Glen Allen, VA
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Tampa, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Cedar Rapids, IACedar Rapids, IA
Purdue University Global
In today’s world, protection of data is serious business. Explore everything from fundamentals, such as viruses, worms, and other malicious software, to higher-level aspects of IT security like network defense, ethical hacking, and computer forensics.
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Mason City, IA
- Lincoln, NE
- Omaha, NE
- Milwaukee, WI
- Lewiston, ME
- Indianapolis, IN
- Davenport, IA
- Des Moines, IA
- Hagerstown, MD
- Rockville, MD
- South Portland, ME
- Saint Louis, MO
- Augusta, ME
- Cedar Falls, IA
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
New School, The
Parsons’ Master of Science in Data Visualization is a multidisciplinary program in which students develop skills bringing together visual design, computer science, statistical analysis, and ethical considerations of data analysis and representation...
- San Luis Obispo, CASan Luis Obispo, CA
California State University, Cal Poly
The MS program in Computer Science offers students the opportunity to prepare for careers in several areas of emphasis...
- Villanova, PAVillanova, PA
Two specialty track options include: -Computing Hardware and Software -Computer Networks/Security Within those tracks, more than 30 available courses include: Advanced Computer Architecture Multimedia Systems Digital Signal Processing Commu...
- Teaneck, NJTeaneck, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Students in the program will learn the fundamentals of operating systems, computer networks, cybersecurity, applied cryptography, and penetration testing and vulnerability analysis...
- Teaneck, NJ
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
The School of Information curriculum is designed to support our dynamic programs and to keep current and on the cutting-edge of developments in the information professions.
- Pomona, NJPomona, NJ
Computational or data scientists develop solutions for gathering, cleaning, archiving, analyzing and visualizing data for the purposes of making informed decisions. ...
- Rochester, NYRochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology
The computer science program is designed for students who have an undergraduate degree (or minor) in computer science, as well as those who have a strong background in a field in which computers are applied, such as engineering, science, or business...
- Rochester, NY
- Pocatello, IDPocatello, ID
Idaho State University
- London, United KingdomLondon, United Kingdom
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Oakland, CAOakland, CA
Mills prepare students with liberal arts backgrounds to pursue the wide-ranging careers that require computer science training. We offer a master's degree in interdisciplinary computer science and two certificate programs to prepare students to attain s...