Operations Management Masters Programs | MBA in Operations Management
Set yourself apart with an operations management masters degree! If you’re looking for a masters program that could support your career, look no further. With a masters degree in operations management, you could learn not just to be a leader, but to be an effective one for your organization. You may learn strategies to utilize your resources effectively, from logistics to supply chain management, and even ways to manage your team. If this sounds like something you are interested in, browse the sponsored listings on this page or keep reading to learn more about what it might be like to earn a degree in operations management.
What Is an Operations Management Masters Degree?
A masters degree in operations management is one that focuses on maximizing efficiency and profit within an organization. Operations management masters programs could help you develop the necessary skills to ensure your organization uses its resources effectively. Working in operations management, you might be responsible for making sure personnel are utilized effectively, supply chain management, and making important financial decisions to balance cost and revenue to maximize company profit.
Depending on your career goals, you might be interested in pursuing one of these related specialties:
- Construction Management Masters Programs – Combine your construction industry experience with the project management and leadership skills you may need to be an effective leader. You might study topics related to financial management, risk management, best practices, legal issues, and more.
- Supply Chain Management Masters Programs – Hone your expertise in supply chain management and logistics with a masters degree. You might learn about logistics strategies, business analytics, and using data to inform strategic decision making and ensure profit.
- Contract Management Masters Programs – Earning
- your masters in contract management could support you as you negotiate, write, and oversee business proposals, contracts, and other related agreements. In a masters program, you may hone your business, legal, leadership and collaborative skills pertaining to the development and implementation of contracts and business agreements in your organization.
- Quality Management Masters Programs – Want to position yourself as your organization’s expert in quality management? Earning your quality management masters, you could hone skills like data and business analytics, statistical analysis, and process management to potentially help your team do the best and most efficient work they can.
Potential Benefits of Masters in Operations Management
Earning your masters in operations management could have a number of long-term career benefits. For one, the skills you hone in an operations management masters program could be applicable to a variety of potential industries, possibly making you a great candidate to help any organization succeed. You may develop the strategic acumen a successful leader might need. By understanding how best to manage your supply chain and staff to maximize productivity, you could help to ensure your organization’s success. That means you could achieve highly visible accomplishments, making you a valuable part of your team. Plus, you might find a variety of career opportunities for people with your skill set, increasing the odds of getting your foot in the door for unique professional experience.
How to Choose Your Operations Management Masters Degree Programs
Once you decide to earn your masters degree in operations management, you might notice the variety of potential programs at your disposal, from different types of masters degrees to different areas of focus. By thinking about what you need in a program, you could narrow the field to programs that may be a solid fit for you and your career goals.
Here are a few items to think about as you get started:
- Career Goals – Think about what you want to do, and how it might apply to your potential areas of study. For example, are you eager to work with technology? Or do you prefer making financial decisions? Maybe you have a knack for working with people and want your career to reflect that. Whatever your passions in the workplace, you may be able to identify operations management programs that support them.
- Industry – While operations management as a field incorporates skills that may be useful in a variety of industries, you may prefer to attend a program more focused on the needs of the one you’re currently working in.
- Accreditation – Want to narrow down quality choices a little more quickly? Consider looking at programs accredited by organizations like AACSB or ACBSP. Attending a program accredited by an organization like these, you could have confidence that your school of choice could provide a solid and reputable education.
Operations Management Masters Degree Program Formats
One aspect of choosing your masters in operations management program you may not want to forget—the format! Choosing the right type of program for your life is an important part of your success as a graduate student. That way, you’ll ensure you have the resources you need to succeed, with a course load you can handle on your schedule. Three basic types of masters programs may be offered for you to consider:
- Graduate School Masters Degree in Operations Management – By earning your master in operations management at a graduate school, you could not only hone your expertise in your field, but do so alongside current and aspiring operations management professionals in your area, potentially making valuable connections. Plus, you’d have access to the resources of a campus program!
- Online Operations Management Masters Programs – If you’re concerned about balancing your education with your career, online operations management masters programs might be the solution for you. In an online program, you could earn your degree with increased flexibility in your schedule, making it possible for you to continue being the dedicated operations management professional you are without compromising on your education.
- Hybrid Operations Management Masters Degree Programs – Hybrid, partially online, or blended operations management masters programs aim to combine the perks of both online and campus programs. With flexible online learning tied to the support of a local campus, you could learn to be the operations management expert you want to be, while still exceeding expectations in your career.
Find Your Operations Management Masters Degree Programs Today!
If you’re ready to take your first step toward an operations management masters degree, GradSchools.com is ready to help. Start browsing the sponsored listings to identify potential schools, or narrow it down by choosing your preferred format or location from the menu. Then click on the names of any programs you might be interested in to reach out for more information.
- Boston, MABoston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology
The Master of Science in Facility Management (MSFM) program is designed for working professionals who wish to advance their career by strengthening their skills and knowledge of facility management principles.
- Boston, MA
American University’s online Master of Science in Measurement & Evaluation provides the skills to systematically collect, analyze and use data to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of projects. Graduates of this program are prepared...
The Online MS in Data Science - Business Analytics teaches students how to analyze and leverage big data to deliver innovative ideas and solutions in a variety of fields.
- Hamden, CTHamden, CT
The MBA-SCM is a specialized track within the MBA program. The field of supply chain management is experiencing significant growth in the number of opportunities for individuals who combine the right education, skills and perspective.
- Bristol, RIBristol, RI
Roger Williams University
The Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) program will be offered beginning in the fall 2009.
Southern New Hampshire University
By blending a traditional MBA curriculum with a special focus on six sigma, the MBA in Six Sigma Quality gives you a unique and highly marketable set of skills that can set you apart from the competition.
- Madison, NJMadison, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Effective management of their supply chain and operations is the key to value creation for many organizations, especially in today's fast paced and highly global business environment.
- Teaneck, NJ
Colorado Technical University
Online MBA-Logistics Management. Choose from data-driven and dynamic military, government and private sector tracks. CTU’s MBA programs ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 best online programs. Classes start every 8...
- Greenwood Village, CO
American InterContinental University
The role of the operations manager within an organization is key to its success. Operations managers plan, direct or coordinate all facets of an organization's business. The business-focused curriculum in AIU’s ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business...
Liberty University Online
Liberty University’s ACBSP accredited Master of Business Administration – Supply Chain Management & Logistics, 100% online program, is designed to equip you with the knowledge needed to succeed...
New England College of Business
As the business environment becomes increasingly competitive, organizations that invest in a quality systems management program could improve their products and services, enhance customer service and gain an advantage through higher productivity and incre...
- Edinburgh, United KingdomEdinburgh, United Kingdom
University of Edinburgh
This programme is designed therefore to provide an insight into the theories and practical skills needed for successful management and, through that, a successful business. Get equipped with a Masters from a top 20 University.
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Bremen, GermanyBremen, Germany
Jacobs University Bremen
Supply Chain Engineering & Management trains you to become a professional in the growing field of supply chain management. The program has been developed in close cooperation with industry and combines theory and practical insights...
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University)
he Master of Science degree in Construction Management is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to plan and manage each phase of the construction process with an unparalleled focus on sustainability.
- Irvine, CAIrvine, CA
The Supply Chain Management Concentration is focused on the study of the movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption, based on efforts of multiple organizations.
- Bangkok, ThailandBangkok, Thailand
King Mongkut's University of Technology Ladkrabang
Internet study pioneer, OnLine Education, has again taken the lead in the world of the Web. It has launched a fully accredited and comprehensive Inter...
- Nottingham, United KingdomNottingham, United Kingdom
Nottingham Trent University
Arizona State University
The ASU online Master of Engineering in Quality & Reliability offers specialized courses founded on basic engineering and...
- East Lansing, MIEast Lansing, MI
Michigan State University
Leading-edge companies are globally focused, team-based and technology-driven. So is business education at The Eli Broad College of Business and The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management. We are named forEli Broad (rhymes with "road") a 1954 graduate...
- East Lansing, MI
- Liverpool, United KingdomLiverpool, United Kingdom
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool John Moores University, (or JMU as we are known by ourfriends) is one of the largest universities in the United Kingdom. We have more than 2...
- Liverpool, United Kingdom
Illinois Institute of Technology
The Master of Industrial Technology and Operations (M.I.T.O.) is a professional degree designed for individuals who plan to make a career in industry. The purpose of the M.I.T.O. program is to enhance the ability of the students to pursue their professi...
- Chicago, IL