Minnesota Hybrid Masters in Nursing Programs | Master of Science in Nursing Degrees
Flexible Hybrid Masters in Nursing Degree Programs
Graduate students who are passionate about the nursing profession, have the discipline and dedication that it requires and are ready to advance their education might find that pursuing a Hybrid Masters in Nursing degree may help open up new professional avenues.
The hybrid format of learning might be a great fit if you are currently working, have a family, or other duties that make studying full time on a campus impossible. Hybrid nursing programs blend online with on campus coursework. Distance learning means you need a computer with Internet access, study when it is convenient to you, do your research with web-based tools, and communicate via digital medium with classmates and professors. The on-campus component is low-residency and one of the potential benefits is that you get to network, have face-to-face interactions, and access to all the campus facilities, such as libraries, laboratories and even athletic facilities. Sound Great? Start a location search for hybrid masters in nursing programs on GradSchools.com; use the city, state or country tabs to determine where they are offered. Or, simply scroll through the listings.
Which Hybrid Masters in Nursing Program Is Right For You?
Typically, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is designed for registered nurses with a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing wishing to pursue the advanced education required for the roles of educator and leader.
The RN to MSN Direct program is designed to allow nurses to attain a Master of Science in nursing degree more quickly. Registered nurses who presently hold an associate’s degree or diploma in nursing will be able to earn an MSN degree without first earning a baccalaureate degree on completion of a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses. Check with each school to verify these requirements.
Master of Science
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Anesthesia Practice, are degrees that are considered specialization degrees in the Masters in Nursing Program. If you are considering a career as a nurse anesthetist, nurse midwife, or nurse practitioner, these roles are also referred to as advanced practice registered nurses and they require a master’s degree from an accredited program as well as be licensed registered nurses before pursuing an education in one of the advanced practice roles.
What Qualities Does Being an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Require?
- Communication skills: being able to communicate with patients and other health care professionals effectively
- Critical thinking: being able to assess a patient, determine course of action, consult
- Compassion: this profession requires a caring and sympathetic demeanor at times
- Detail oriented: since APRNs are able to administer treatments and medications, the must be able to read symptoms and demeanor
- Interpersonal skills: some APRNs work with patients, families, other health care providers and staff so it helps to have a team mind set
- Leadership skills: some APRNs are in positions of seniority, so they must have good management and administrative abilities
Ready to Pursue a Hybrid Masters in Nursing?
As the core educational requirement for several careers in nursing, the master’s degree in nursing offers a deeper comprehension of nursing science concepts and applications, as well as better insight into health management, leadership, and administrative challenges. Why not start searching on GradSchools.com for the hybrid masters in nursing program that addresses your academic and professional needs
- Minneapolis, MNMinneapolis, MN
Students may choose from two quality tracks of study, the Transcultural Nursing in Community track or the Transformational...
- Duluth, MNDuluth, MN
College of St. Scholastica
The Master of Science in Advanced Practice Nursing educates professional nurses for advanced practice. The curriculum consists of core courses, support courses and clinical courses. Additional certifications are also available. The core courses provide...
- Duluth, MN