Physician Assistant Masters Programs in Jacksonville
Master Degree Physician assistant graduate programs in Jacksonville focus on patient, primary and special care in medical and surgical practices. Physician assistants work under the supervision of physicians, but training typically covers a wide range of diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative health care services which prepares them for a wide range of functions, such as: conducting physical exams, diagnosing and treating illnesses, ordering and interpreting tests, counseling on preventative care, assisting in surgery, and in most states, writing prescriptions. A physician assistant is an ideal masters degree for someone interested in the medical field who would like to undertake many of the same responsibilities as a doctor. In fact, it’s common for first year medical students and first year Physician assistant students to share the same classes. However, Physician assistants are not required to complete a residency. Prospective would ideally possess the following qualities:Read Less
- Strong background in the sciences
- Interested in Healthcare
- Enjoys working with the public
- Detail Oriented
Physician’s Assistant Masters Programs and Curriculum in JacksonvillePhysician assistant graduate coursework is usually two to three years in length and includes basic medical and behavioral sciences such as anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis. After the classroom and laboratory based learning is complete, physician assistant graduate students must complete clinical rotations as part of their training. These rotations could include:
- internal medicine
- family medicine
- obstetrics and gynecology
- emergency medicine
- geriatric medicine
Choosing an PA SchoolIn evaluating a physician assistant school, important factors to consider are:
- Accreditation: A degree from an accredited school is necessary to obtain licensure
- Pass rate on the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam: Research the pass rate for the NCCPA Exam at your preferred institution.
- Patient Care Experience: The amount of hands on training offered varies among programs, check with university or college personnel to ensure you will receive an adequate amount of field training.
- Program Flexibility: Determine the level of schedule freedom you need. Many online physician assistant programs allow students to set up their own rotations.