Detroit Masters in Statistics on Campus Degrees and Graduate Programs
Masters in Statistics on Campus Degrees and Graduate Programs
Do you enjoy learning math and science? Does the data and analysis drive you? Do you rise to the challenge of learning and performing complex calculations? Do you enjoy collecting, organizing, analyzing and interpreting information? Would it be rewarding to create surveys and predict outcomes based on the findings? If you feel like this describes you, you might find that pursuing a Masters in Statistics on Campus Degree may be a great academic fit for you.
The world today is becoming more and more digital, with statistics, technology, and data gathering ever more prominent across a variety of areas of study and industry. Think beyond census taking to fields such as politics, pharmaceuticals, advertising, medicine, marketing, finance, education and business.
What Skill-sets Might a Graduate with a Masters in Statistics on Campus Degree Acquire?
Bear in mind that there are different Masters Programs, so one might choose to concentrate their studies within the field to focus on data analytics, cyber systems, computational science, statistics, or mathematics. Any of these skills might prove valuable as one pursues their career goals. Some Masters Degree programs in Statistics might teach the students how to understand, analyze, communicate, and interpret data and information in order to be able to take action and make decisions. These may all be vital assets in a profession such as Market Research Analyst[i]. Other programs may provide the student with training in consulting as well as computing and programming skills.
Tips for finding a Masters program for you:
While the Bachelor’s Degree programs tend to help prepare students to pursue entry-level statistician positions, Masters level programs can provide a foundation in advanced statistics and research. If you are using your Masters as a
preliminary step towards a Doctorate, it is a good idea to look into all the necessary program requirements so that your path is clear.
- The study of statistics can be thought of as an offshoot of the mathematical field of probability. If you are searching through masters programs in statistics, you already have a strong foundation in mathematics.
- Studying statistics may involve some potential overlap studies in other social sciences, such as business administration, economics, accounting, sociology and finance.
- Pursuing your Masters degree may open different career opportunities for you that differ from those you could pursuewith a Bachelors Degree. For instance, some Market Research Analyst jobs require a Master level degree[i]
Potential Benefits to Pursuing a Masters in Statistics & Data Analysis On-Campus
- You might have the opportunity to network, and interact with your fellow students and professors. Sometimes your classmates can become future colleagues!
- You may have access to all the facilities and resources that the school has to offer. From library and laboratory to athletic facilities.
- You will have instant campus community and the chance to get involved in other activities as well as use the Campus support services.
- If you live on-campus you will not have to commute to take your courses, thus saving valuable time for study!
Campus Master in Statistics Common Course Curriculum
For statistics oriented master degrees, the curriculum may involve a combination of seminar courses on advances statistics topics as well as independent courses. Some of the topics that could be included in your curriculum are:
- Applied regression
- Cyber Systems and Security
- Variance analysis
- Analysis of time series
- Data Management and Data mining
- Predictive analytics
- Statistical Consulting
Potential Career Paths for Graduates with a Masters in Statistics & Data Analytics
Completion of a Masters Degree in Statistics & Data Analytics might potentially lead to a number of different career paths. Some of these might include:
- Statistician: use statistical methods to collect and analyze data and help solve real-world problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields[ii]
- Operations Research Analyst: use advanced mathematical and analytical methods to help organizations investigate complex issues, identify and solve problems, and make better decisions[iii].
- Financial Analyst: provide guidance to businesses and individuals making investments and assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments[iv].
- Risk /Financial Manager: are responsible for the financial health of an organization, produce financial reports, direct investment activities, and develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of their organization[v].
- Market Research Analysts: study market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or service. They also assist businesses to understand what products people want, who will buy them, and at what price[vi].
Ready to search for accredited campus Masters Degree Programs in Statistics?
Are you drawn towards studying how new sources of data can be analyzed to enhance organizational effectiveness, customer service, investments and business strategies? Are you searching for a Masters Program that might teach you the skills to help you develop the ability to think strategically, and organize and manage large sets of data? If so, you might want to start looking for a campus where you can pursue a Masters in Statistics & Data Analytics.
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm#tab-4 | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/math/statisticians.htm | [iii] bls.gov/ooh/math/operations-research-analysts.htm | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm | [v] bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm | [vi] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm
- Rochester, MIRochester, MI
The program’s primary goal is to provide the basis for the skilled and competent application of modern statistical methods...
- Ann Arbor, MIAnn Arbor, MI
University of Michigan
PSM is a program where students learn the science of surveys. Our students study with some of the world's leading survey methodologists while pursuing their Master's or PhD degree. The Program provides a rich intellectual environment for study and work...
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Ypsilanti, MIYpsilanti, MI
Eastern Michigan University