United States Masters in Statistics on Campus Degrees and Graduate Programs
Masters in Statistics on Campus Degrees and Graduate Programs
Do you enjoy learning math and science? Does the data and analysis drive you? Do you rise to the challenge of learning and performing complex calculations? Do you enjoy collecting, organizing, analyzing and interpreting information? Would it be rewarding to create surveys and predict outcomes based on the findings? If you feel like this describes you, you might find that pursuing a Masters in Statistics on Campus Degree may be a great academic fit for you.
The world today is becoming more and more digital, with statistics, technology, and data gathering ever more prominent across a variety of areas of study and industry. Think beyond census taking to fields such as politics, pharmaceuticals, advertising, medicine, marketing, finance, education and business.
What Skill-sets Might a Graduate with a Masters in Statistics on Campus Degree Acquire?
Bear in mind that there are different Masters Programs, so one might choose to concentrate their studies within the field to focus on data analytics, cyber systems, computational science, statistics, or mathematics. Any of these skills might prove valuable as one pursues their career goals. Some Masters Degree programs in Statistics might teach the students how to understand, analyze, communicate, and interpret data and information in order to be able to take action and make decisions. These may all be vital assets in a profession such as Market Research Analyst[i]. Other programs may provide the student with training in consulting as well as computing and programming skills.
Tips for finding a Masters program for you:
While the Bachelor’s Degree programs tend to help prepare students to pursue entry-level statistician positions, Masters level programs can provide a foundation in advanced statistics and research. If you
are using your Masters as a preliminary step towards a Doctorate, it is a good idea to look into all the necessary program requirements so that your path is clear.
- The study of statistics can be thought of as an offshoot of the mathematical field of probability. If you are searching through masters programs in statistics, you already have a strong foundation in mathematics.
- Studying statistics may involve some potential overlap studies in other social sciences, such as business administration, economics, accounting, sociology and finance.
- Pursuing your Masters degree may open different career opportunities for you that differ from those you could pursuewith a Bachelors Degree. For instance, some Market Research Analyst jobs require a Master level degree[i]
Potential Benefits to Pursuing a Masters in Statistics & Data Analysis On-Campus
- You might have the opportunity to network, and interact with your fellow students and professors. Sometimes your classmates can become future colleagues!
- You may have access to all the facilities and resources that the school has to offer. From library and laboratory to athletic facilities.
- You will have instant campus community and the chance to get involved in other activities as well as use the Campus support services.
- If you live on-campus you will not have to commute to take your courses, thus saving valuable time for study!
Campus Master in Statistics Common Course Curriculum
For statistics oriented master degrees, the curriculum may involve a combination of seminar courses on advances statistics topics as well as independent courses. Some of the topics that could be included in your curriculum are:
- Applied regression
- Cyber Systems and Security
- Variance analysis
- Analysis of time series
- Data Management and Data mining
- Predictive analytics
- Statistical Consulting
Potential Career Paths for Graduates with a Masters in Statistics & Data Analytics
Completion of a Masters Degree in Statistics & Data Analytics might potentially lead to a number of different career paths. Some of these might include:
- Statistician: use statistical methods to collect and analyze data and help solve real-world problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields[ii]
- Operations Research Analyst: use advanced mathematical and analytical methods to help organizations investigate complex issues, identify and solve problems, and make better decisions[iii].
- Financial Analyst: provide guidance to businesses and individuals making investments and assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments[iv].
- Risk /Financial Manager: are responsible for the financial health of an organization, produce financial reports, direct investment activities, and develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of their organization[v].
- Market Research Analysts: study market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or service. They also assist businesses to understand what products people want, who will buy them, and at what price[vi].
Ready to search for accredited campus Masters Degree Programs in Statistics?
Are you drawn towards studying how new sources of data can be analyzed to enhance organizational effectiveness, customer service, investments and business strategies? Are you searching for a Masters Program that might teach you the skills to help you develop the ability to think strategically, and organize and manage large sets of data? If so, you might want to start looking for a campus where you can pursue a Masters in Statistics & Data Analytics.
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm#tab-4 | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/math/statisticians.htm | [iii] bls.gov/ooh/math/operations-research-analysts.htm | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm | [v] bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm | [vi] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm
- Colorado Springs, COColorado Springs, CO
Colorado Technical University
Explore data analytics and the business environment in Colorado Technical University’s Master of Business Administration-Data Analytics.
- Greenwood Village, CO
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
New School, The
Parsons’ Master of Science in Data Visualization is a multidisciplinary program in which students develop skills bringing together visual design, computer science, statistical analysis, and ethical considerations of data analysis and representation...
- Pomona, NJPomona, NJ
Computational or data scientists develop solutions for gathering, cleaning, archiving, analyzing and visualizing data for the purposes of making informed decisions. ...
- New Brunswick, NJNew Brunswick, NJ
Rutgers University of New Jersey
Program covers a broad range of topics, including probability, statistical methods, computational methods, data mining, and machine learning...
- Muncie, INMuncie, IN
Ball State University
If you could choose the ideal college -- one that provided you powerful resources (world class faculty, facilities, technology, and academics) for per...
- Pullman, WAPullman, WA
Washington State University
- Auburn, ALAuburn, AL
- Lincoln, NELincoln, NE
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
The MS program in Survey Research and Methodology is a two-year, non-thesis program designed to train students to fill the expanding need for professionals in survey research and data analysis. Graduates can expect to find challenging, creative, and wel...
- Lincoln, NE
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
University of Pennsylvania
Policy, Master of Science (M.S.) in Statistics, Measurement, Assessment, and Research Technology (SM
-The M.S. degree program in SMART is designed to prepare individuals for work in research and assessment organizations in...
- Morgantown, WVMorgantown, WV
West Virginia University
- Flagstaff, AZFlagstaff, AZ
Northern Arizona University
The statistics degree program requires the successful completion of 32 semester hours of statistics and other course work.
- Nacogdoches, TXNacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University
- Garland, TXGarland, TX
The Master of Arts degree in Professional Development is a special graduate program designed to allow the college-trained person to expand his/her kno...
- Raleigh, NCRaleigh, NC
North Carolina State University
Our program provides an excellent training in applications of Statistics with a strong foundation in theoretical statistics.
- Brookings, SDBrookings, SD
South Dakota State University
Blends application, theory, and computation, emphasizing the areas of financial analytics, biostatistics, and bioinformatics.
- College Station, TXCollege Station, TX
Texas A&M University
- Socorro, NMSocorro, NM
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
The statistics program at New Mexico Tech is designed to prepare students for careers in industry.
- Bemidji, MNBemidji, MN
Bemidji State University
MS in Math: intended for secondary school tchrs in Math. MS in Elem/Middle Level Math Ed- intended for...
- Davis, CADavis, CA
University of California - Davis
The M.S. gives students a strong foundation in the theory of statistics as well as substantial familiarity with the most widely used statistical methods. The supervised statistical consulting required of all M.S. students has proven to be a valuable edu...
- Houston, TXHouston, TX
Students in Rice University's graduate program in statistics find themselves in an environment that allows for close collaboration and independent research. The department's exceptionally strong international reputation in modern areas of statistics mea...
- Stillwater, OKStillwater, OK
Oklahoma State University
The Master's degree program provides sufficient basic theory for the student to proceed to a Ph.D. degree program but also gives a solid grounding in...
- Manhattan, KSManhattan, KS
Kansas State University
The Department of Statistics offers studies leading to a master of science or a doctor of philosophy degree. A master's degree is recommended for a career in industry or government. The Ph.D. degree is usually required for post-secondary teaching and hi...
- Kennesaw, GAKennesaw, GA
Kennesaw State University
The Master of Science in Applied Statistics Program at Kennesaw State University is a professional degree program which seeks to prepare a diverse stu...