Masters of Elementary Education Online
Are you beginning your search for online elementary education master’s programs? Looking to take the next step in your teaching career, or perhaps looking to branch out into a new field?
Online Masters in Elementary Education Programs
Online elementary education master’s programs may be the flexible and convenient best choice for you as you take your next academic journey as elementary school teachers while maintaining your schedule and lifestyle. Read below for more information on top online masters in elementary education programs.
Elementary Education Master’s Program Online : The Basics
Depending on course intensity and students’ course load registration, elementary education master’s programs may take 1 to 3 years to complete. Program lengths in an online masters in elementary education vary by school. Academically speaking, many programs may also require applicants to hold a 2.0-3.0 undergraduate GPA. Other commonly requested application items may be: letters of recommendation, personal essays, CVs and resumes, and a professional teaching portfolio.
Some schools may offer a teaching licensure program congruent with their master’s program – making these degree programs perfectly suited for undergraduates looking to transfer into the teaching field. Programs offering only a master’s degree in elementary education may solely accept currently accredited teachers not seeking accreditation.
In order to meet some state’s teaching licensure criteria, schools may also require state issued exams prior to admission. Check your school’s admission policies to ensure criteria are met.
Why Should I Pursue Online Masters in Elementary Education Programs?
While having earned an undergraduate degree is required for teaching licensure, earning a master’s degree in elementary education may not seem as vital. Here are a few facts that show the potential benefits of earning a master’s degree:
- Some states require teachers to seek out advanced degrees after earning their initial certification.[i]
- Statistically speaking, many teachers earn a wage premium after completing a master’s degree program. Education admins who have earned their master’s degree have wage premium of $23,000 over their colleagues who earned only a bachelor’s degree[ii].
- With additional education, teachers may progress career-wise into roles such as instructional coordinators, administration leadership, or even principals.[iii]
Choosing an Online Elementary Education Master’s Program
Selecting an online elementary education master’s program could be a daunting task. Fortuantely, with so many options, there may be a perfect program to address your unique wants and needs. Each online masters in elementary education degree touches on a different aspect of the teaching method, making unique concentrations easy. Understanding the basics of each type of elementary education master’s degree might make your decision easier:
- The Master of Arts in Teaching further enforces good in-classroom teaching methods and skills and classroom management. You may see courses that focus on general elementary academia and creative extracurriculars. This program may be perfect for those newly entering the field, as it addresses general K-12 curriculum.
- Master of Science in Elementary Education degree programs take a research-oriented approach to teaching, placing their learning focus on analyzing scientific trends that benefit students within a broader educational system.
- Master of Education in Elementary Education degree programs place their focus on having students learn program implementation and innovative problem solving. While the degree does touch on general teaching method, its goal is to address overarching academic hurdles
Earn your Online Masters in Elementary Education
Once you’ve picked the perfect degree type, you’ll have to focus on choosing your online program. Earning your online master’s degree in elementary education might be convenient for many reasons: whether it’s the non-existent commute or its flexible class scheduling. Not to mention, many schools extend their academic resources – such as libraries and database usage – to their online students, giving you similar advantages as on-campus students.
Online Master’s in Elementary Education programs may be completed in several formats:
- Synchronous online programs may require students to be available during specific, scheduled course times: whether streaming a lecture, logging into a course chatroom, or entering a conference call. These types of programs aim at incorporating aspects of a traditional, on-campus learning with the online experience.
- Asynchronous online programs may not require you to log into a course at a scheduled time or day. Students are given the ability to finish coursework at a time convenient for them. These types of programs may be favorable to those seeking flexibility in their courses.
With your classroom in your computer, your course can go where you go!
Some degrees may require you to take state education licensure tests prior to course completion. While these tests do require you to take them in-person, they offer a wide range of scheduled times. Check in with your program to confirm when these tests are required.
Find the Perfect Online Elementary Education Master’s Program Today!
Ready to start looking for a perfect online elementary education master’s program? GradSchools.com is ready and waiting! To narrow down your Online Masters in Elementary Education search results, select your desired master’s program. Remember, you’re able to remove filters to broaden your search. Once you’re happy with your results, start researching which online program may be great for you. Find your perfect online elementary education master’s program today!
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/high-school-teachers.htm | [ii] bls.gov/careeroutlook/2015/article/should-i-get-a-masters-degree.htm#Education | [iii] bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/kindergarten-and-elementary-school-teachers.htm#tab-4
GCU offers a variety of M.A. and M.Ed. education programs designed for current educators looking to take the next step in their career. Earn your degree from an accredited non-profit university. No Application Fee!
Walden UniversityMS in Education - Science (Grades K-8)
Pacific Oaks CollegeM.A. Education: Elementary Education
Grand Canyon UniversityM.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education NITL M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education M.Ed. in Elementary Education (NITL) M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education (ITL) M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
Liberty University OnlineMED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education (Non-Licensure) Master of Arts in Teaching: Elementary Education
Capella UniversityMS - Personalized Learning MS - Professional Growth and Development
Temple UniversityMSEd in Career and Technical Education
Emporia State UniversityElementary Education
University of PittsburghMEd in Elementary Education
Georgia Southern UniversityM.Ed. in Middle Grades Education Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education
Nova Southeastern UniversityM.S. in Education - Elementary Education M.S. in Education - Prekindergarten-Grade 3 Education M.S. in Education - Preschool Education
Ball State UniversityMaster of Arts in Elementary Education
University of New EnglandMaster of Education in Literacy (K12)
University of Northern ColoradoEducation Master of Arts in Teaching: Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education Emphasis
University of Southern CaliforniaMaster of Education in Advanced Instruction - Elementary STEM (Online)
Wilkes UniversityGraduate Teacher Education
Brenau UniversityMaster of Education in Early Childhood Education
Dominican UniversityMaster of Arts in Education with a Specialization in Elementary Education
Missouri State UniversityElementary Education
University of West AlabamaMaster of Education in Elementary Education
University of Missouri - ColumbiaLiteracy Education Master's (Online)
University of South Carolina - UpstateElementary Education
University of Missouri - St LouisElementary Education
Mercer UniversityK-5 Science Endorsement
Teachers CollegeLiteracy Specialist Elementary Inclusive Education and Teaching Student with Disabilities
University of AlabamaElementary Education
Slippery Rock UniversityElementary Education - K-8 Mathematics and Science Education
Mercy CollegeMiddle Childhood Education, Grades 5 - 9 Childhood Education, Grades 1-6
Gardner-Webb UniversityMA in Elementary Education MA in Middle Grades Education
New York Institute Of TechnologyChildhood Education