Masters in International Education on Campus Programs and Degrees
Masters in International Education on Campus Programs and Degrees Info
For the graduate student, teacher or educational leader who is drawn to advanced study of cultures, languages, educational and other issues of global concern, enrolling in a masters in international education on campus program may help prepare you to pursue various opportunities both domestically and in other countries.
GradSchools.com makes your search for accredited Masters in International Education on Campus program easy! You can perform a location search to determine where you can study; use the city, state, or country tabs and browse results. You might also find that some schools in the U.S. have study-abroad programs. You can also just review all the listings for campus masters degree programs in international or comparative education, as you will get a variety of options such as M.A. or M.ed. In International Education, International Culture Education, International & Multicultural Education Masters, or MA in Development Education. Any selection you choose may have a description or link to the school.
What is a Masters in International Education on Campus Degree?
International education is a comprehensive approach to education that intentionally helps students to be active and engaged professionals in an interrelated world. Broadly, a master’s in international education degree involves examinations of the cultures, languages, environmental situations, governments, political relations, religions, geography and history of the worlds.
The general aim of international education masters programs is to provide enhanced understanding of current educational issues for teachers in primary, secondary, or tertiary education. Students could learn how to design, implement, manage, and evaluate international education programs for schools, colleges, non-profit organizations and corporations in both public and private educational and cultural agencies.
Some international education masters programs are designed to help develop the research skills students may require for advanced education at the PhD international education level.
Course curriculum may vary between campuses, and depend on whether you have chosen a concentration. Programs can be multi-disciplinary and include anthropology, economics, history, philosophy, political science, and sociology. Some of the subjects students might study may include:
- Knowledge of other world regions and cultures
- Familiarity with international and global issues
- Skills in working effectively in global or cross-cultural environments
- Ability to communicate in different languages
- Dispositions towards respect and concern for other peoples and cultures
Potential advantages to studying for your masters in international education on campus?
Choosing to study for your masters in international education degree on campus can be a fantastic way to network with peers, classmates, and professors, since you get the face-to-face interaction. Being on a college campus also gives you access to different resources and facilities such as libraries, athletic amenities and the college social services.
Job Outlook for Graduates With Masters in International Education
Some of the potential career paths and job outlook for graduates who have earned a master’s in international education can depend on factors such as level of education and experience, specialization in any particular field, language or culture within the field of comparative and international educations. For instance:
- Training and Development Specialists: help plan, conduct, and administer programs that train employees and improve their skills and knowledge. Employment of Training and Development Specialists is projected to grow 15% between 2012 and 2022[i]
- Training and Development Managers: plan, direct, and coordinate programs to enhance the knowledge and skills of an organization’s employees, oversee training and development specialists. Employment of Training and Development Managers is projected to grow 11% between 2012 and 2022[ii]
- Postsecondary Education Administrators: oversee student services, admissions, academics, and faculty research at colleges and universities. Employment of Postsecondary Education Administrators is projected to grow 15% between 2012 and 2022.[iii]
- Post Secondary Teachers: instruct student in a wide variety of academic and vocational subjects beyond the high school level, as well as conduct research and publish scholarly papers and books. Employment of Post Secondary Teachers is projected to grow 19% between 2012 and 2022[iv].
- Instructional Coordinators: oversee school curriculums and teaching standards. They develop instructional material, coordinate its implementation with teachers and principles, and assess its effectiveness. Employment of Instructional Coordinators is projected to grow 13% between 2012 and 2022[v].
- Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals: are responsible for managing all school operations including daily school activities, curricula, and overseeing staff. Employment of principals is projected to grow 6% between 2012 and 2022[vi]
- High School Teachers: help prepare students for life after graduation. Employment of high school teachers is projected to grow 6% between 2012 and 2022[vii]
- Kindergarten and Elementary School Teachers: help prepare younger students for future schooling by teaching basic subjects such as math and reading. Employment of Kindergarten and Elementary School Teachers is projected to grow 12% between 2012 and 2022[viii]
Ready to pursue your masters in international education?
Whether you are choosing a campus in the United States, or are planning to study in a foreign country, earning a masters in international education could prepare you to pursue exciting career options in growing fields in private and public sectors at home or abroad, where, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, opportunities may be available for qualified teachers.[xi]
If you are a Graduate student who is interested in designing, implementing, managing, and evaluating education programs, start looking into an accredited campus on GradSchools.com so you can begin working towards your degree!
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/training-and-development-specialists.htm#tab-1 | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/management/training-and-development-managers.htm | [iii] bls.gov/ooh/management/postsecondary-education-administrators.htm#tab-2 | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/postsecondary-teachers.htm | [v] bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/instructional-coordinators.htm | [vi] bls.gov/ooh/management/elementary-middle-and-high-school-principals.htm | [vii] bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/high-school-teachers.htm | [viii] bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/kindergarten-and-elementary-school-teachers.htm | [ix] bls.gov/careeroutlook/2006/fall/art01.pdf
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
New York University
Our International Education program prepares you to understand the global implications of your responsibilities and to apply knowledge across international boundaries. As a student you will become an expert in designing, implementing, managing, and e...
- San Francisco, CASan Francisco, CA
University of San Francisco
The M.A. degree in International and Multicultural Education (IME) Program is dedicated to understanding formal and informal education within its sociocultural, linguistic, and political contexts around the world.
- Chicago, ILChicago, IL
Loyola University Chicago
- Edinboro, PAEdinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
The international education concentration provides currently certified students the opportunity to obtain international teaching experience, making them more marketable to employers all over the world.
- Hamburg, GermanyHamburg, Germany
- Philadelphia, PAPhiladelphia, PA
University of Pennsylvania
The IEDP is designed to prepare students with the distinctive skills required for working in the field of education and...
- Washington, DCWashington, DC
The Master of Arts in International Training and Education will prepare students to become leaders in international education and use education both as an instrument of international development and a means of promoting cross-cultural understanding. Thi...
- Bath, United KingdomBath, United Kingdom
Bath Spa University
This MA is an opportunity to study educational issues in depth for the programme's cover policy within an international context.
- Boston, MABoston, MA
The focus of the Administration programs is on developing leaders who possess a broad and sophisticated perspective on the goals of education and training and the process of institutional change. Graduates may be found in leadership roles in state depar...
- Edinburg, TXEdinburg, TX
University of Texas-Pan American
Degree prepares experts in various specialized education areas to promote and support enrichment bilingual education.
- Washington, DCWashington, DC
SIT Graduate Institute
SIT Graduate Institute offers students the unique opportunity of earning a master’s degree in international education from an institution that provides international exchange, study abroad, and development programs. Students have valuable access to well...
- Toronto, ONToronto, ON
University of Toronto
OISE/UT is the acronym for the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto-one of the largest and most research-intensive...
- Brighton, United KingdomBrighton, United Kingdom
University of Sussex
- Twin Cities, MNTwin Cities, MN
University of Minnesota
Students doing graduate work in comparative and international development education have the opportunity to focus on comparative education, international development education, or international educational exchange. Students enrollment in the program ar...
- Cambridge, MACambridge, MA
- Nashville, GANashville, GA
While the distinction between K-12 and higher education is well understood by individuals interested in U.S. education issues, outside of our nation's...
- Colon, Costa RicaColon, Costa Rica
University for Peace
The MA builds on the capacity to contribute to educational, social and cultural change through peace education...
- Osaka, JapanOsaka, Japan
Osaka Kyoiku University
- Monterey, CAMonterey, CA
Middlebury Institute of International Studies
Our three-semester master’s program prepares students to pursue careers in the growing field of international education.
- Leicester, United KingdomLeicester, United Kingdom
An opportunity for teachers, lecturers and educational leaders to reflect on their own practice and enhance their knowledge.
- Rochester, NYRochester, NY
The TESOL for International Educators Program is a 30-credit hour program leading to a Master of Science in Education Degree.
- New York City, NYNew York City, NY
- Oslo, NorwayOslo, Norway
University of Oslo
English Language ProgramThe aim of the programme is to prepare professionals capable of assuming leadership rolesin a wide variety of social and educa...
- Colon, Costa RicaColon, Costa Rica
United Nations mandated University for Peace (UPEACE)
In recent years, there has been a growing, world-wide recognition of the central role played by education in meeting the complex demands of peacemakin...