Master's in Information Technology (MSIT) Graduate Programs & Degrees in North Dakota
Master in Information Technology Degrees and Programs in North Dakota
Do you have an interest in computers? Are you looking for a degree program that might help prepare you to pursue potential career opportunities in a variety of industries? If so, earning a Master in Information Technology (MSIT) could be a great academic choice.
What is Information Technology?
Information technology is the study of how computers process and manage all types of information, or data. Computers and information technology touch so many aspects of modern life including:
- Cell phones
- Electronic banking
- Cloud computing and demand for cybersecurity
According to the BLS, from 2022 to 2032, it is anticipated that overall employment in computer and information technology occupations would increase by 15%, which is much faster than the average for all occupations and will add roughly 557,400 new jobs. As a result, graduates holding masters in information technology could find that their education is a great preparation to pursue an assortment of careers.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Demand for security firms that help businesses protect their data and intellectual property is rising. The need for information security analysts is expected to grow by 32% from 2022 to 2032 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Most computer and information research scientists require a Ph.D. in computer science or a related field such as information systems as per the BLS.
Master in Information Technology Degrees | MS-MBA Information Technology
Most MS in Information Technology programs near North Dakota require an undergraduate degree whether a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or a related program. An IT professional might choose to pursue potential career opportunities in a variety of different industries such as: designing hardware, software, communications networks, internet applications, and health management systems. They might also serve as the users and administrators of technology. Are you interested in an online information technology degree? Or are you looking for an accredited campus program? GradSchools.com makes searching simple. Search through by degree type or by location to narrow your results.
What skills might I cultivate in an MSIT Program?
Apart from the manual dexterity you can cultivate by spending so much time typing on a computer keyboard, some Master of Science in Information Technology programs might offer students the opportunity to:
- Learn communication skills
- Enhance critical thinking abilities
- Enrich technical competencies
- Evaluate the theory, principles and practices of information systems
- Employ project management skills, and analyze data to solve complex problems
What topics might I study in a Master in Information Technology Program near North Dakota ?
Some IT programs may offer the student an option to concentrate their area of focus. Some of these concentrations might include business intelligence, project management, forensic technology and information security and assurance. Coursework topics for information technology MS programs could include studies in:
- How to apply technology in the analysis and design of information systems
- Assessment ethical, legal and social issues
- Networking and Telecommunications
- Strategic Management
- Enterprise Systems Architecture
- Enterprise Data Management
- Application of database tools
- Software technology
- Database technology
- Security technology
Popular Schools with Master in Information Technology Degrees in North Dakota
|M.S. in Information Technology
|Grand Canyon University
|MBA – Information Technology
|Master of Science in Information Technology
What are some Potential Information Technology Career Options?
If you are looking to jumpstart your career in the field of IT, earning a Master’s degree may help students prepare themselves to pursue many potential career paths. According to the latest information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers who had earned a Master’s or Ph.D. degree earned more than workers with less education.
The BLS assesses that the IT industry can be broken down into four sub-industries, the first two of which account for 90% of all IT services employment:
- Custom computer programming services
- Computer systems design services
- Computer facilities management services
- Other computer-related services
The careers mentioned by the BLS as having the highest demand for qualified employees include:
- Computer Programmers: form about 8% of jobs in the industry. These professionals write code, turn the designs created by software developers into instructions that can be followed by a computer
- Computer Systems Analysts: form about 9% of the IT industry. These analysts can serve as the liaison between IT departments and management, and through analysis can help improve a businesses’ efficiency.
- Computer Support Specialists: form about 8% of the computer systems design and related services. Computer support specialists provide help and advice to consumers and organizations that are using computer software or equipment
Ready To Search For A Master In Information Technology Degree Programs in North Dakota?
Do you love computers? Are you looking for a career-focused master’s program that might open the door for graduates to pursue a variety of potential professional opportunities? Then, a master in Information Technology might have a lot to offer.
In addition to some of the potential career choices that are specified above, there are other areas of IT which are evolving. According to the BLS. These growing areas include:
- Cloud computing
- Mobile networking
- Health care IT
- Cybersecurity and data management
All these niche areas may all form part of the growth of the IT industry in the next decade. Start looking into all your options on GradSchools.com. Find the information technology program near North Dakota that might help you pursue your academic and occupational goals!
|Annual Mean Wage
|Annual Mean Salary
|San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
|San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
|New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
Interested in an online masters in information technology?
GradSchools.com Offers Graduate Schools with Masters Programs in Information Technology in North Dakota
Grand Canyon University