Masters in Educational Technology Degrees in Puerto Rico
Graduate students who want to study how to use software-based media to create inspiring learning environments for students might opt for a Masters in Educational Technology in Puerto Rico. Advancements in computer technology are changing the face of education with the creation of multimedia educational tools such as e-learning, online video tutorials and web-based courses, podcasts and animated games supplements textbooks and face-to-face interaction.
Masters programs in education technology and online learning programs help teachers build an understanding of how to create and design these platforms as well as learn how different types of interactive instructional technology relate to the learning process.
Selecting a Masters in Educational Technology and Online Learning Program near Puerto Rico
GradSchools.com has easy to use search tools to help you navigate your options for educational technology masters degrees. If location is a concern, use the city, state or country tabs to determine where accredited colleges and universities with masters in technology education actually are. Then, filter your search by learning format. For students who are looking to study in a program where they are able to network, interact with faculty and classmates, as well as participate in college life, a campus based learning format may work well. Current teaching professionals or busy adults who are returning to school to update credentials might prefer distance-learning. In this case, you would have the choice of pursuing an online masters educational technology or look into a hybrid format that combines campus and online coursework.
Some of the options might include Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology, Master of Science in Global E-learning, MA in Learning Design and Technology, Master of education in Instructional Design and Technology, Master of Arts in Education-Distance Learning and Master of Science in Educational Technology. To pinpoint the right program for your academic and vocational goals, request info from the school itself to verify key points such as curriculum, faculty, admission requirements, program prerequisites and tuition.
How To Select A Masters in Educational Technology Degrees?
Choosing an educational technology masters degree should reflect your interests, and goals for the future. For instance, are you a current certified educator who would like to learn how to integrate technology into the classroom, or boardroom, to provide an impact while using your own professional experience to put theory into practice? Are you interested in studying the emerging digital platforms in instructional design and multimedia production so that you are able to design online learning programs yourself? Are you interested in positioning yourself as a leader in adult education or in training others in these alternative instruction methodologies? The major categories of Master Degrees in Educational Technology include:
What are Master of Education (M.Ed.) degrees in Educational Technology in Puerto Rico?
Educational Technology Masters Programs in an M.Ed. curriculum often require students to complete extensive training in instructional theory and design along with technology focused coursework. M.Ed. in Educational technology students may be required to specialize in teaching to a specific grade level, whether elementary, secondary, K-12. They may also need to focus their studies on teaching or on the administrative of the school system. Some of the coursework might include:
- Distance teaching and learning
- Data analysis
- Instructional computing
- Combined learning environments
- Integrated media design
- Current research in educational technology
- Using technology in the classroom
- Educational media practicum
- Curriculum design
Schools with Masters in Educational Technology Degrees in Puerto Rico
What are Master of Arts (M.A.) and Master of Science (M.S.) degrees in Educational Technology?
In contrast to the M.Ed. degrees, which are essentially designed for elementary and secondary educators and administrators, M.A. and M.S. degrees may offer an education in instructional technology that appeals to a wide range of other occupations that seek to integrate technological learning methods.
For professionals in Puerto Rico on the IT side who want to use their expertise to help realize the potential of computer-assisted learning, earning either a Master of Arts or Master of Science in Educational technology may be beneficial. Students who already have the technical skills may learn ways of potentially turning their knowledge of educational technology into a career designing educational games and software. For students with a leaning towards management, this may also be directed toward a tech administration position. Some of the coursework might include:
- Distance learning
- Human performance technology
- Instructional design
- Communications processes
- Technology integration
- Technology management
- Media design and development
- Learning sciences
What are Potential Career Paths For Masters in Educational Technology Graduates?
Earning a master’s in technology education in Puerto Rico might prepare students for a variety of career paths, whether you are approaching your profession as a teacher, administrator, corporate trainer, or as an architect of online learning platforms. For instance,
- Software developers: If you are interested in being the creative mind behind instructional technology, it is always a plus to have a strong comprehension of learning processes as well as the information technology skills that designing media requires. This is a very fast growing field, with a projected increase in employment between 2020 and 2030 of 22%, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some developers move up the corporate ladder to become IT project managers (bls.gov).
- Instructional coordinators are required to have a Master’s degree and some related work experience. Those who work in public schools may need to be licensed teachers or licensed school administrators. If you enjoy instructional theory, collecting and analyzing date and designing curriculums such as online learning courses, this field is projected to see a 10% rise in employment between 2012 and 2022 (bls.gov).
- Teachers: If you are an educator and take the time to pursue a Master’s in Educational Technology, you may bring valuable skills to your job, especially since many high schools are now using digitally based tools. In some states, high school teachers are required to earn a Master’s degree after earning their teaching certification (bls.gov).
- Educational Research and product strategy: For someone who is interested in developing instructional materials and products and assist in the technology-based redesign of courses, or helping faculty to apply instructional technology, knowledge of curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of the effects of training is also important. The growth rate is a 10% rise in employment between 2020 and 2030 (O*Net).
Educational and instructional technology careers are growing as advancements in technology are changing education from elementary school to the university level and beyond. Why not start searching for an educational technology masters program on GradSchools.com today!
GradSchools.com Offers 1 Masters in Educational Technology in Puerto Rico
Grand Canyon University
Western Governors University
Full Sail University
Liberty University Online
East Central University
Inter American University of Puerto Rico