United States Hybrid Masters in Economics Programs | Masters in Economics Degrees
Hybrid Masters in Economics Programs Overview
Busy working professionals interested in advancing their education while maintaining a full schedule might find that a Hybrid Masters in Economics Program fulfills their need for a low residency and flexible learning format. Most hybrid programs combine the convenience of distance-learning courses combined with on-campus classes. This allows students to work independently with the online component as well as benefit from the campus facilities and opportunities for networking.
GradSchools.com has easy to use search tools. Find a Hybrid Master in Economics Program by location; use the city, state, or country tabs to generate listings. Some of the choices might include MBA with Health Care Management Emphasis, or MS International Development.
Students might choose to specialize in a particular area of economics:
- Financial economists study changing interest rates, analyze savings, investments and risks
- Industrial economists study the economics of specific industries, examining the number of competitors, the existing monopolies, and market decisions that a company makes
- International economists examine global exchange rates, tariffs, and international markets
- Labor economists explore wages and supply and demand for labor
- Macroeconomists examine historical trends in order to forecast the future in areas such as unemployment, inflation, and other economic trends
- Microeconomists study supply and demand for individuals and firms
How to Become an Economist
With the economy and global marketplace increasingly competitive and regulated, most economists need a master’s degree or Ph.D. If you aspire to a potential career as an Economist, ideally you posses some important skills and qualities. For example:
Economists need strong analytical skills in order to analyze data and forecast trends,
such as employment projections
Communication skills are required so that an economist can explain their findings to others; many research and provide reports.
Critical thinking and attention to detail are required as economists use logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, or understand how economic trends may affect businesses or individuals
Strong mathematical and statistical skills are necessary as economists in their analyses of economic theories, practices, and trends.
FUN FACT: Aspiring economists may gain valuable experience from internships that involve gathering and analyzing data, researching economic issues and trends, and writing reports on their findings.
Ready To Pursue a Hybrid Masters in Economics?
The field of Economics is broad, with different paths available for a student to cultivate expertise in. Why not review options for hybrid Economics Master programs on GradSchools.com today!
- Queens Village, NYQueens Village, NY
St. John's University
The M.A. in Global Development and Social Justice is a two year Distance Learning and on-site program.
- Boston, MABoston, MA
The most distinctive feature of the graduate programs is an emphasis on applied economics, coupled with attention to providing...