Masters in Christian Counseling Graduate Programs in St Louis
Are you a religious professional who wants to study psychological counseling? Are you known for your perceptive thinking and good listening skills? These are talents that can be utilized in a career in counseling. If you are also someone who wants to integrate Christian principles into a professional counseling practice, you may find that a masters in Christian counseling degree is a wise academic choice, especially if you are drawn to the field of religious studies, ministry or theology.
There are different Masters programs and degree formats in Christian Counseling to search through on GradSchools.com. You can perform a location search to determine which city, state or country offers programs, or browse through by online Christian Counseling degree programs and campus learning formats.
What Might I Learn In A Masters in Christian Counseling Degree Program in St Louis?
While programs vary from school to school, Christian Counseling Degree programs might offer students the opportunity to integrate psychology with spirituality. Some programs might be designed to help prepare students to pursue careers as counselors in local churches, or other ministries, while others might be concentrated on helping to prepare students to pursue careers in a specific industry. Some of these programs include; Biblical counseling, theological studies, pastoral ministry, counseling those facing substance abuse and addictive disorders, or programs that emphasize marriage and family counseling.
Did you know?
- Mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists are typically required to have a master’s degree and license to practice[i]
- The projected growth rate of employment for clergy is 3% between 2020 and 2030. (Source: BLS.gov)
Some of the different topics that students may encounter in Christian counseling master programs are used to teach students to be able to discuss relevant issues with potential clients from the Christian perspective. Some of the subjects that students might learn include:
- Deep biblical knowledge
- Theological Wisdom
- Professional competence in religious education
- Pastoral ministry
- Prayer as treatment
- Career counseling
- Christian theology
- Pastoral / Ministry studies
- Counseling techniques
Potential Career Paths For Graduates Who Earn Masters in Christian Counseling Degrees in St Louis
There are different career paths that earning a Master’s Degree in Christian counseling might potentially lead to. Some of these career paths can include:
- Clergy: Conduct religious worship and perform other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination and provide spiritual and moral guidance to members[iii]
- Rehabilitation Counselors: Help people with emotional and physical disabilities live independently[iv]
- Mental Health Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists: Help people manage and overcome mental and emotional disorders and problems with their family and relationships[v]
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors: Advise people who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, or other behavioral disorders[vi]
- Psychologists: Study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and human behavior by observing, interpreting and recording how people relate to each other and their environments[vii]
Ready To Pursue a Masters Christian Counseling Degree?
For the student or religious professional who is searching for a graduate education in psychological counseling that incorporates up-to-date theories, trends and techniques in therapy integrated with biblical principles, a Christian Counseling degree might prove to be a fulfilling academic and professional path. Look into all the different degree types to find the one that sounds more rewarding to you on GradSchools.com to identify which might have the potential to help you reach your goals.
Sources: [i] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/mental-health-counselors-and-marriage-and-family-therapists.htm#tab-4 | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/about/data-for-occupations-not-covered-in-detail.htm | [iii] bls.gov/oes/current/oes212011.htm | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/rehabilitation-counselors.htm | [v] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/mental-health-counselors-and-marriage-and-family-therapists.htm | [vi] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/substance-abuse-and-behavioral-disorder-counselors.htm | [vii] bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/psychologists.htm
|State||Employment||Annual Mean Wage|
Schools with Masters in Christian Counseling in St Louis
GradSchools.com offers Masters in Christian Counseling in St Louis
Grand Canyon University
Liberty University Online