California Masters in Christian Counseling on Campus Degrees and Masters Programs
Masters in Christian Counseling on Campus Degree General Information
Are you a student or religious professional who is looking for a graduate education in behavioral sciences? Do you want to cultivate good listening skills and perceptive thinking in a program that integrates up-to-date theories, trends and techniques in therapy with biblical principles? If so, a masters in Christian Counseling on campus degree may prove to be a rewarding academic and vocational path.
The approach of Christian counseling is to use the tools of psychological counseling within the perspective of the Bible and theological frameworks. The broad aim of Christian Counseling programs is to create an educational foundation for graduates that combines Christian principles into professional counseling practice that may potentially prepare students to pursue careers in religious organizations, hospitals, schools or the government[i].
Potential benefits of Masters in Christian Counseling on Campus degree programs
If you are choosing the traditional, on-campus college experience, it might provide you with the opportunity to cultivate social and professional networks, and enjoy face-to-face interactions with your professors and classmates. Studying on-campus might also give students access to the school’s facilities that can include libraries, athletic facilities, and possibly a school chapel. Make sure to look into all your options for accredited schools offering Christian counseling degrees on GradSchools.com; search by location or degree type to find the right match for your educational and professional goals.
Masters in Christian Counseling on Campus possible coursework
Program formats can vary from school to school. When choosing a program, you might want to select one that follows a certain track. For instance, are you earning the master’s degree as a
stepping-stone towards earning a Master of Divinity, or do you want to specialize in pastoral counseling, leadership or theology? Some of the different subjects that might form part of the curriculum in a Christian counseling masters degree programs might include:
- Biblical principles
- Theological Wisdom
- Professional competence in religious education
- Pastoral ministry
- Prayer as treatment
- Career counseling
- Christian theology
- Pastoral / Ministry studies
- Counseling techniques
- Psychological counseling
Potential Career Paths For Graduates Who Earn Christian Counseling Degrees
Earning a Master’s Degree in Christian counseling might potentially open up a variety of career paths. Some of these may include:
- Clergy: Conduct religious worship and perform other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination and provide spiritual and moral guidance to members[i].. This field has a projected growth rate of employment of 10% between 2012 and 2022[ii].
- Rehabilitation Counselors: Help people with emotional and physical disabilities live independently[iii]. Licensing requirements for this field differ by state and services provided[iv].
- Mental Health Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists: Help people manage and overcome mental and emotional disorders and problems with their family and relationships[v]. Workers in this field are required to have a master’s degree and license to practice[vi],
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors: Advise people who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, or other behavioral disorders[vii].. This is a high growth industry; The BLS projects a growth rate of employment for substance abuse and behavior disorder counselors of 31% between 2012 and 2022[vii].
- Psychologists: Study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and human behavior by observing, interpreting and recording how people relate to each other and their environments[viii]. Typically psychologists need a Ph.D. or specialist degree in psychology, a master’s degree is sufficient for some positions[ix].
Ready To Pursue a Masters Christian Counseling Degree On Campus?
Whether you are hoping to pursue a career in ministry, counsel families or work with individuals with depression or substance abuse issues, a Christian counseling degree might provide learners with an enriched educational repertoire and ability to apply scripture in a relevant manner. Browse through the different degree programs on GradSchools.com to find the one that sounds like they might have the potential to fulfill your goals.
Sources: [i] bls.gov/oes/current/oes212011.htm | [ii] bls.gov/ooh/about/data-for-occupations-not-covered-in-detail.htm | [iii] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/rehabilitation-counselors.htm | [iv] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/rehabilitation-counselors.htm#tab-4 | [v] .bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/mental-health-counselors-and-marriage-and-family-therapists.htm | [vi] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/mental-health-counselors-and-marriage-and-family-therapists.htm#tab-4 | [vii] bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/substance-abuse-and-behavioral-disorder-counselors.htm | [viii] bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/psychologists.htm } [ix] bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/psychologists.htm#tab-4