The MBA is a degree that may help individuals pursue potential career opporunities in a variety of industries. Earning an MBA may help you pursue a career as a leader within an organization because the training provided in an MBA program is intended to help develop the way you think about an business. A graduate degree in business administration teaches you how to synthesize available information about an organization to make decisions that will help grow the business.
The MBA career you might pursue depends on your unique professional background, skills, and interests. Many leaders in notable companies have earned a MBA, but you might be surprised by the number of mid-level managers and other working professionals that have also earned an MBA. There are several concentrations within the business world that are commonly accepted as areas of business, but maybe more important than an academic focus may be the fact that you might be able to leverage your MBA degree to perform work in several business areas at once. A MBA may also help you facilitate communication between different business units and ensure your team is moving towards achieving your company’s strategic goals.
In addition to being interested in a specific concentration, some individuals earn their MBA to qualify for a more executive role. Do you know what an executive MBA is and how that may benefit you? Explore the different types of MBA programs and concentrations to find the best fit for you. Below are eight major business categories in which many MBA careers may be pursued. From accounting to consulting, HR to IT, there’s bound to be something to interest most business-minded folks. Remember, you do not have to put yourself in any one particular box, but you should know that you will likely be expected to be conversant in each business area after earning your MBA.
Types of Potential MBA Jobs
Looking For MBA Scholarships? Enter our MBA Scholarships Essay Contest.
- Some of the nation's most affordable tuition rates, from a private, nonprofit, NEASC accredited university
- Qualified students with 2.5 GPA and up may receive up to $20K in grants & scholarships
- Multiple term start dates throughout the year. 24/7 online classroom access
- Save up to 25%. Save thousands on your masters’s with the Strayer Graduation Fund.
- Strayer University is an accredited institution with a proud history of 125 years in quality education.
- With the help of dedicated personal support and AI technology, earn your degree online or on campus.