Oklahoma Executive MBA Programs
An Executive MBA, or EMBA, is a graduate level business degree. The Executive Masters of Business Administration, EMBA degree, is designed as an accelerated program for working professionals with management experience, who are current business leaders, executives, managers, and entrepreneurs. Typical EMBA programs allow students to complete their degree in two years or less, as students are often in the mid-stage of a career, and might be pursuing an Executive MBA as a way to improve their career options, update technical knowledge, refine existing competencies to keep up with the changes in technology, or potentially move up the corporate ladder in their existing organization.
GradSchools.com has helpful search tools to help you locate accredited colleges and universities with Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) programs. If you are hoping to find a school near you or in a particular area, use the location tabs and find programs by city, state or country.
Next, determine whether you are able to attend courses on campus, or would prefer a distance-learning format. Some campus EMBA programs may have classes in evenings or on weekends to make studying more accessible to current professionals, but you might prefer to look into online EMBA programs. Some schools have hybrid EMBA formats that combine on campus courses with online study.
Some of the listings you might encounter may include online executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Campus MBA for the Experienced Professional, and Hybrid Strategic Design Executive MBA. If you open a few listings simultaneously, it will help you compare program curriculum, faculty, admission and pre requisite requirements, as well as tuition, financing and any other details that might help you form a choice.
EMBA vs. MBA
MBA and Executive MBA programs sometimes have a similar curriculum
though these may vary between schools. Choosing between them might depend on your goals. If you are someone who has already been in business related fields for some time, an EMBA might be more academically rewarding, as your classmates will also have a level of work experience.
Typically, if you are applying to an EMBA program, you have a minimum of five years of work experience as they are tailored to meet the needs of upper level managers, and candidates may be evaluated based on what they might contribute to the program, and taking the GMAT may not be required. The Executive MBA might be used to enhance a set of already established business skills. EMBA programs expose learners to business studies from a strategic perspective, covering all aspects of the industry extensively. If you’re aspiring to use your degree to reach C-level or director titles, then you will want to pursue an Executive Masters of Business Administration.
In an MBA program, applicants are not required to have five years of work experience, but must take the GMAT. To an extent, an MBA is considered a recognized and general management degree. MBA curriculums are designed for individuals with limited work exposure, so this might be a great way to step up in an industry by taking on new roles and positions, and learning new skills. In terms of focus and curricula, MBA programs tend to be more concentrated on specific areas of business such as marketing or finance.
FACT: Chief executives typically need extensive managerial experience. Executives are also expected to have experience in the organization’s area of specialty. Top executives of large corporations often have a master of business administration (MBA)[i].
EMBA Potential Curriculum
General EMBA programs offer candidates the opportunity to hone their existing skill-sets in leadership, teamwork, ethics, politics, and networking. At the same time, curriculums tend to include business theory as well as applicable business practices. EMBA courses might include topics such as:
- Financial Reporting and Control
- Organizational Behavior
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- International Economy
- Leadership and Corporate Accountability
In some programs, students may choose from concentrations in entrepreneurship, finance, international business, human resources management, marketing, professional accountancy, or supply chain management.
Potential Career Trends For Executive MBA Graduates
Top executives are employed in nearly every industry. Many achieve this level by advancing within their own firm, moving from a lower managerial level or other supervisory capacity. Chief executives are typically required to have extensive managerial experience. Some of the different examples of professionals in top executive roles include[ii]:
- Chief executive officers (CEOs): or, executive director, president, and vice president, provide overall guidance for companies and organizations.
- Chief financial officers (CFOs) are responsible for the accuracy of a company’s or organization’s financial reporting, especially among publicly traded companies.
- Chief information officers (CIOs) are accountable for the overall technological direction of an organization, which includes managing information technology and computer systems.
- Chief operating officers (COOs) manage other executives who direct the activities of various departments, such as human resources and sales.
- Chief sustainability officers are in charge of a corporation’s environmental programs.
Find Executive MBA in Oklahoma
An Executive MBA program might be a rewarding option for mid-level managers who are hoping to position themselves to take on executive responsibility, and for executive-level managers to solidify their leadership skills. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, top executives are among the highest paid in the United States, with employment projected to grow 11% until 2022. With strong competition for jobs for chief executive roles, those with an advanced degree and extensive managerial experience may have the best job prospects. View the Executive Masters in Business Administration programs below to find one that matches your career goals!
- Some of the nation's most affordable tuition rates, from a private, nonprofit, NEASC accredited university
- Qualified students with 2.5 GPA and up may receive up to $20K in grants & scholarships
- Multiple term start dates throughout the year. 24/7 online classroom access
- Save up to 25%. Save thousands on your masters’s with the Strayer Graduation Fund.
- Strayer University is an accredited institution with a proud history of 125 years in quality education.
- With the help of dedicated personal support and AI technology, earn your degree online or on campus.