Washington, DC Executive MBA Programs Online
An Online Executive MBA (EMBA) program is designed for experienced professionals who wish to upgrade their educational qualifications. The degree is intended for executives and managers who wish to enroll in a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program but are not able to take time off from their careers to do so.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Online EMBA?
An online executive MBA can generally be completed in 2 years or less. Executive MBA students are taught the latest methods, theories and practices in the areas of business management, marketing, decision-making, finance and accounting.
Choosing whether to take an MBA or an EMBA might depend on your career aspirations. If you are a seasoned professional with ten years of business experience under your belt, enrolling in an EMBA would be a more rewarding choice, since your classmates will also be coming to the table with similar knowledge. General EMBA programs give learners the chance to refine their existing skill-sets in leadership, teamwork, ethics, politics, and networking. Some programs encourage or allow specialization in entrepreneurship, finance, international business, human resources management, marketing, professional accountancy, or supply chain management.
Executive MBA programs: online or on-campus?
You have narrowed it down to considering an Executive MBA Program. GradSchools.com has search tools to help you find programs by location, but more importantly, you are able to open several listings at the same time. This allows you the opportunity to evaluate the curriculum, program structure, tuition, admissions, faculty and other considerations. Your next question is whether to go ‘back to school’ and attend business administration classes on a college campus or complete an Online Executive MBA.
Some factors to consider are:
- What is your learning
- style? Campus learning involves face-to-face interactions with professors and classmates, which may be a great way to improve your networks. On the other hand, online learning suits those who study well independently, or maybe travel for work and are accustomed to using web-based technology to stay connected to others.
- What kind of time do you have? With the gaining popularity of online EMBA programs, they tend to use and incorporate up to date technology, including full time access to your course management system, research and library tools, and online web chat setups to keep connected to faculty and classmates. This may prove to be a very flexible format for you if you need to schedule study around a busy timetable, including travel that would take you away from class if you were at university.
- Computing or Commuting? If you have access to a computer and Internet, this is the main requirement is you plan to pursue an online executive MBA. This may be far more convenient to you than getting to a class on time, even though class may be held in the evenings or on weekends. It is very personal how you manage your own time. However, if you are not accustomed to web-based technology, or have unreliable access to Internet, this may make online study frustrating.
Why Should I Find an Accredited Executive MBA Program?
Accreditation is a term used to describe the review process educational institutions voluntarily undergo to prove their commitment to education quality standards. There several reasons why it is important to find an MBA program:
- Accreditation ensures the school has met the standards of quality education.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited MBA program to be eligible for most scholarships and grants.
- Employers prefer applicants with degrees from an accredited EMBA program.
The three major accrediting bodies in the United States are:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB),
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
Ready To Pursue An Online Executive MBA?
Earning an Executive MBA might mean advancing up the corporate ladder without giving up your existing job. If you feel confident that pursuing an Executive MBA online is the right program format for you, start reviewing the different listings on GradSchools.com!
Indiana Wesleyan University
Students in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program design solutions and strategies for complex business problems and opportunities; evaluate personal management capabilities and design a plan for economic growth; and integrate critical a...
California Institute of Advanced Management
California Institute of Advanced Management (CIAM) is nonprofit University dedicated to providing a practical, hands-on, and applicable MBA program based on real-world experience. Rolling admissions deadlines, with Financial Aid for those who qualify...
Rochester Institute of Technology
The online executive MBA is a challenging and demanding program designed to accelerate the careers of mature, high-performance professionals with significant business experience, unlike traditional MBA programs which are geared primarily toward a less...
Accelerated Master of Business Administration (MBA) including online, blended and classroom based learning formats...
AU's online Executive MBA helps you develop the skills you need for success in any sector, without putting your life on hold.
In today's infinitely competitive business environment, companies need dynamic leaders to help them navigate the increasingly...
North Greenville University
The T. Walter Brashier Graduate School at North Greenville University is the culmination of a compelling vision.
Innovative MBA for the forward thinker. Modular programme with flexibility and easy customisation. Full online and offline support. Research and proje...
Imperial College of Business Studies
We use the latest online teaching tools to deliver a blended learning experience to suit today’s busy working professional.
Royal Roads University
Three, three-week residencies on the Royal Roads University campus in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada plus four distance sessions on the internet a...
Professional Development Europe
A modern international MBA reflecting the current trends of the emerging global economy. A Technology Management MBA specialisation option is also available.
American Graduate School of Management
The AGSM Executive MBA Program is designed for working professionals who seek to develop their skills and gain the advantage resulting from a comprehe...
Asian Institute of Technology
The International Executive MBA Program of the School is AsiaÆs 1st with double specialization in International Business and Management of Technology. The 4 semester program is conducted in English and is completed in 22 months. For the convenience of w...
The Lansbridge eMBA is focused on managers in firms operating in or affected by the fast pace of changing technologies.
- Burnaby, BCBurnaby, BC
Simon Fraser University
Accessible. Well designed. Knowledgeable professional staff. Simon Fraser University's Harbour Centre Campus is a highly functional education and meeting complex. The campus, largely financed by the private sector, is comprised of more than 135,000 squa...
University of Mannheim
The ESSEC & Mannheim Executive MBA is an international program available in a modular and a weekend format.
- Baltimore, MDBaltimore, MD
Loyola University Maryland
An accelerated Saturday MBA program for experienced professionals who want to continue on an upward trajectory.
Central State University
- West Lafayette, INWest Lafayette, IN
For experienced professionals seeking a master's degree in business while maintaining their full-time job responsibilities.
Euro MBA Distance Learning Consortium
Accredited International Masters of Business of Administration (MBA) distance learning program provided online by a consortium Europefs leading univer...
- Statesboro, GAStatesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University
*This program is not currently accepting applications. Please see our campus MBA or Georgia WebMBA programs.
42-credit program designed for working professionals who are seeking to further their professional and personal growth.
University of Arkansas
Complete the Walton Executive MBA in two years by only attending class one Saturday each month.
Hawai'i Pacific University
Contemporary management principles are applicable to all occupations and organizations. The MBA in Management program...