District of Columbia Executive MBA Programs Online
An Online Executive MBA (EMBA) program is designed for experienced professionals who wish to upgrade their educational qualifications. The degree is intended for executives and managers who wish to enroll in a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program but are not able to take time off from their careers to do so.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Online EMBA?
An online executive MBA can generally be completed in 2 years or less. Executive MBA students are taught the latest methods, theories and practices in the areas of business management, marketing, decision-making, finance and accounting.
Choosing whether to take an MBA or an EMBA might depend on your career aspirations. If you are a seasoned professional with ten years of business experience under your belt, enrolling in an EMBA would be a more rewarding choice, since your classmates will also be coming to the table with similar knowledge. General EMBA programs give learners the chance to refine their existing skill-sets in leadership, teamwork, ethics, politics, and networking. Some programs encourage or allow specialization in entrepreneurship, finance, international business, human resources management, marketing, professional accountancy, or supply chain management.
Executive MBA programs: online or on-campus?
You have narrowed it down to considering an Executive MBA Program. GradSchools.com has search tools to help you find programs by location, but more importantly, you are able to open several listings at the same time. This allows you the opportunity to evaluate the curriculum, program structure, tuition, admissions, faculty and other considerations. Your next question is whether to go ‘back to school’ and attend business administration classes on a college campus or complete an Online Executive MBA.
Some factors to consider are:
- What is your learning
- style? Campus learning involves face-to-face interactions with professors and classmates, which may be a great way to improve your networks. On the other hand, online learning suits those who study well independently, or maybe travel for work and are accustomed to using web-based technology to stay connected to others.
- What kind of time do you have? With the gaining popularity of online EMBA programs, they tend to use and incorporate up to date technology, including full time access to your course management system, research and library tools, and online web chat setups to keep connected to faculty and classmates. This may prove to be a very flexible format for you if you need to schedule study around a busy timetable, including travel that would take you away from class if you were at university.
- Computing or Commuting? If you have access to a computer and Internet, this is the main requirement is you plan to pursue an online executive MBA. This may be far more convenient to you than getting to a class on time, even though class may be held in the evenings or on weekends. It is very personal how you manage your own time. However, if you are not accustomed to web-based technology, or have unreliable access to Internet, this may make online study frustrating.
Why Should I Find an Accredited Executive MBA Program?
Accreditation is a term used to describe the review process educational institutions voluntarily undergo to prove their commitment to education quality standards. There several reasons why it is important to find an MBA program:
- Accreditation ensures the school has met the standards of quality education.
- You must be enrolled in an accredited MBA program to be eligible for most scholarships and grants.
- Employers prefer applicants with degrees from an accredited EMBA program.
The three major accrediting bodies in the United States are:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB),
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
Ready To Pursue An Online Executive MBA?
Earning an Executive MBA might mean advancing up the corporate ladder without giving up your existing job. If you feel confident that pursuing an Executive MBA online is the right program format for you, start reviewing the different listings on GradSchools.com!
In today's infinitely competitive business environment, companies need dynamic leaders to help them navigate the increasingly...