University of Wisconsin - Stout
College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
M.S. - Vocational Rehabilitation
In UW-Stout's MS in Vocational Rehabilitation you will learn to assist individuals of all ages with physical, cognitive, and sensory disabilities to reach their potential. The program offers concentrations in Vocational Evaluation, or Rehabilitation Counseling; some students pursue both.
The Rehabilitation Counseling Concentration is also available online for working professionals with two or more years experience in rehabilitation services or a related field.
1) Understand the rehabilitation process and the role of evaluators in assisting persons with disabilities to reach their potential.
2) Be able to facilitate client decision-making through evaluation tools, techniques and counseling procedures.
3) Effectively communicate with clients, their family or significant others, and other rehabilitation counselors.
4) Acquire practical experience in evaluation through practicum and internships.
Rehabilitation Counseling (online option available)
1) Understand vocational rehabilitation and the role of rehabilitation cournselors.
2) Perform rehabilitation and independent living planning and case managment tasks for persons with disabilities.
3) Implement rehabilitation and independent living plans by using community resources and performing job development activities.
4) Acquire practical experinece in rehabilitation counseling through practicum and internships
Vocational Evaluation and Rehabilitation Counseling
Graduates will be eligible to sit for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor CRC exam
The Graduate School at UW-Stout is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (NCA) to offer programs at the master's and education specialist levels. Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE).
International Student Requirements:
Minimum requirement TOEFL iBT of 79; IELTS 6.5
Note: School code for ETS (TOEFL) = 1740
•Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended (translated into English), as well as proof of baccalaureate and/or highest degree earned
•Financial certification providing evidence of sufficient financial resources are available to cover your expenses.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required: 48
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 400 USD
In State Tuition (per year): 9600 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999