The Path to a better future is right in front of you
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication
Murrow East 226
Pullman, WA 99164
Graduate Study in Clean Technologies
The study of clean technologies at Washington State University is an interdisciplinary program that draws from several colleges across campus. Graduate students collaborate with some of the best minds in America to understand the characteristics and mechanisms of engineering, plant sciences, and economics, using that knowledge to design sustainable resources for the built environment, explore renewable energy sources, distribute and manage the smart grid, and inform progressive public policies on energy use.
The foundation of your clean technologies education is a doctoral program in a discipline of your choice. While working toward your degree, you will receive interdisciplinary training in clean technologies shaped to reflect your research interests and career goals. WSU aims to bridge the gap between the needs of employers in industry, government, or academia, and the skills you will gain as a graduate student.
Graduate students interested in the area of clean technologies collaborate with faculty experts to:
* Provide innovative approaches in the design and construction of the built environment.
* Develop alternative energy methods such as hydrogen storage and bio-based fuels.
* Explore the policy side of atmospheric research and communicate with policy makers.
* Lead technology developments in radiochemistry and atmospheric transport research.
* Discover how to minimize the environmental impact of energy production and consumption.
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Loans Offered: Loans may be available. To determine eligiblity for federal student aid, students should begin by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal School Code: 003800
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999