Central Washington University

Central Washington University

School Counseling


Central Washington University

Ellensburg, WA 98926

United States



Program Information

Degrees Offered:

Certificate in School Counseling, M.Ed.-School Counseling

Format: Campus

Program Description:

 The State Board of Education’s standards for certification of school psychologists require that the candidate complete an approved master’s degree program in psychology that has been developed in concert with school and professional organizations. (Note: candidates who have already received a master’s degree in a related field are not required to earn a second master’s, but must complete all requirements or their equivalent.) Successful completion of the preparation program at Central leads to eligibility for residency certification as an Educational Staff Associate (ESA) school psychologist and national certification through the National Association of School Psychologists. The certification program also requires satisfactory completion of the PRAXIS II examination in school psychology. The M. Ed. degree and certification program in school psychology is fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).



Facts & Figures

Classification: Master's College or University I

Locale: Distant Town

Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999

Find Schools