University of Virginia - Charlottesville
Dept. of Curriculum, Instruction & Special Education, Curry School of Education
University of Virginia, 405 Emmet Street South
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Nationally recognized for excellence, the IT program at the University of Virginia's Curry School provides graduate students exposure to: Instructional Design (ID), Interactive Development/Multimedia, STEM Education and Children's Engineering, Web 2.0 Convergence, Museums & Education, & Technology Leadership.
- M.Ed., Ed.S., Ed.D, and Ph.D. degrees.
- Admissions are highly competitive. Requirements: Undergraduate degree from accredited institution in any field, Minimum GPA 3.25, Minimum combined V+Q GRE score of 1100, 600 TOEFL.
- Application deadlines: January 5 for PhD/EdD, March 15/Oct 15 for M.Ed.
- All PhD students admitted are placed with a research mentor prior to admissions, becoming a research team member in a scaffolded program of skill development in IT research and scholarship. PhD students are fully funded for all four years of study. Advance visits to the program strongly encouraged.
- For more info: http://tinyurl.com/IST-program-UVa/.
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Small Suburb
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999