University of North Texas
College of Visual Arts and Design
PO Box 311307
3940 N. Elm, Suite G150
Denton, TX 76207
Our goals in the Department of Studio Art are to inspire creativity, to foster critical thinking and to help you develop the competencies necessary for effective leadership roles in art.
By pursuing a Master of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art at the University of North Texas, you can receive a comprehensive education in one of eight concentration areas. Concentrations are available in Ceramics, Drawing and Painting, Fibers, Metalsmithing and Jewelry, New Media Art, Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture. We also offer you:
- An active gallery program
- A caring environment of artists who learn from each other
- A challenging environment for visual and intellectual research
- A creative, productive and supportive faculty
- An extensive visiting artist program
- First-class university resources
U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks our M.F.A. degree program among the nation's best. Our students regularly show their work in professional galleries and win awards at regional and national competitions.
Studio Art faculty members are productive, accomplished and dedicated to quality teaching and service.
The College of Visual Arts and Design is one of the nation's most comprehensive visual arts schools, and it's considered one of the best in the Southwest. The facilities include:
- Computer labs with new technology and up-to- date hardware and software
- The Cora Stafford Gallery, focusing on M.F.A. exhibitions
- Specialized classrooms, studios and galleries
- The UNT Art Galleries, which includes the main gallery and three additional galleries on campus Other educational assets include the Jo Ann (Jody) and Dr. Charles O. Onstead Institute for Education in the Visual Arts and Design, the Print Research Institute of North Texas, an extensive art and library collection and the Texas Fashion Collection.
In addition to exceptional studio, exhibition and campus resources, you can participate in a wide variety of cultural and career options available throughout Dallas and Fort Worth. We also offer regular opportunities to study and travel in foreign countries.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999