MS in IT Management
The pervasiveness of information technology (IT) brings with it increasing complexities of the digital economy and challenges to enterprises and to individual executives and managers. The Master of Science and Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management programs are designed to equip executive, managerial and computing & information technology professionals with the skills to create, plan, organize, lead and control the information technologies in their organizations.
Completion of the Master of Science in Information Technology Management requires 36 graduate credits (12 courses). To provide a common background in information technology management, nine core courses are required of all students. In addition to the core courses, students will choose a concentration within the program by taking two courses in an emphasis area. (Schedule permitting and with the approval of the program director, students may also choose their two emphasis courses from any of the three concentration areas.) The degree culminates with a comprehensive real life industry-type project or research oriented capstone toward the student's selected area of emphasis.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Accreditation by the Commission on Colleges signifies that the institution (1) has a mission appropriate to higher education, (2) has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission, and (3) maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
A total of 85 standards are grouped into the following categories: Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements. Institutions accredited by SACS complete the reaffirmation process every ten years with an interim five-year progress report on 15 standards.
Lipscomb University was reaffirmed in 2007 and found to be in compliance with all 85 standards.
International Student Requirements:
1. For Lipscomb to provide a student visa, international student applicants must supply proof of financial status (enough saving to pay for at least one year’s tuition and living costs). Lipscomb requires that the first semester’s tuition and fees be paid in advance. Lipscomb also requires proof of health insurance coverage.
2. International students are required to be proficient in written and oral English before enrolling.
3. International students must make application at least six month prior to the desired date of entrance with a non-refundable international student application fee of $75.
4. All applicants whose academic records are from colleges, universities, and institutes located outside the United States must order a course-by-course report from an approved evaluation service.
5. Official copies of satisfactory standardized test scores on TOEFL and the GMAT, GRE or acceptable alternative, must be submitted six months in advance
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 1175 USD
Classification: Master's College or University II
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999