Graduate Certificate in Information Security
Master of Science in Information Security (InfoSec)
The existing shortage of skilled workers and anticipated growth in the IT field creates the demand for individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to oversee and secure organizations’ data and information in an ethical manner. Today, companies are in desperate need of information security experts. It is critical that organizations lock down their information and continually look for new ways to keep it secure to new threats.
Lipscomb University offers a Master of Science in Information Security degree designed to develop leaders ready to meet these challenges. This degree—which focuses on both the managerial and design issues in information security—will prepare you for a career in a variety of scenarios from large corporations to the development of your own entrepreneurial information security capability.
Ideal student has a degree in IT or is currently working as an information technology professional
Faculty are leaders in their field, dedicated to working with students and offering personalized attention not often found at other institutions
Weekend classes are held each month, with 36-hour coursework delivered in as little as 12 months plus two months of individual capstone project work
“Cohort” program model, which means you stay with the same students through the entire program learning from, supporting and networking with each other
Prepares students for leadership technology positions with above-average compensation
Today, companies are in desperate need of information security experts. Earn a master’s degree from Lipscomb University and earn the credentials you need to be a leader in this exciting and growing field.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Accreditation by the Commission on Colleges signifies that the institution (1) has a mission appropriate to higher education, (2) has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission, and (3) maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
A total of 85 standards are grouped into the following categories: Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements. Institutions accredited by SACS complete the reaffirmation process every ten years with an interim five-year progress report on 15 standards.
Lipscomb University was reaffirmed in 2007 and found to be in compliance with all 85 standards.
International Student Requirements:
1. For Lipscomb to provide a student visa, international student applicants must supply proof of financial status (enough saving to pay for at least one year’s tuition and living costs). Lipscomb requires that the first semester’s tuition and fees be paid in advance. Lipscomb also requires proof of health insurance coverage.
2. International students are required to be proficient in written and oral English before enrolling.
3. International students must make application at least six month prior to the desired date of entrance with a non-refundable international student application fee of $75.
4. All applicants whose academic records are from colleges, universities, and institutes located outside the United States must order a course-by-course report from an approved evaluation service.
5. Official copies of satisfactory standardized test scores on TOEFL and the GMAT, GRE or acceptable alternative, must be submitted six months in advance
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 1175 USD
Classification: Master's College or University II
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999