The Path to a better future is right in front of you
College of Public Health
807 University Pkwy
Johnson City, TN 37604
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Health Sciences
The Doctorate in Environmental Health Sciences Ph.D. Program will prepare professionals in the environmental health sciences to:
1. Reduce the burden of environmentally associated diseases by defining:
A) how environmental exposures affect human health;
B) how individuals differ in their susceptibility to these exposures; and
C) how these susceptibilities change over the life span.
2. Develop and implement effective strategies and programs for the maintenance of health and the prevention and management of disease and injury.
3. Serve as faculty and instructors for academic programs in environmental health.
4. Develop effective environmental health policies.
5. Design and conduct quality research that contributes to improvements in environmental health.
6. Collaborate and work with communities for the promotion of health and the prevention and control of disease.
7. Meet the increasing need for trained professiona
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999