Project Management, International Business, Master of Business Administration
The MBA @ CBU provides you with an exceptionally strong foundation for increased leadership responsibility, strategic decision-making, and diagnosis and solving of business problems with small, cohort-based classes meeting only one night a week for 8 weeks. Our 27 month program is designed for working professionals who seek to gain the relational and analytical skills in a structured yet flexible format. Our five course year allows time for students to develop outside of the classroom, through optional prep classes, tutoring, and seminars in various aspects of business.
Before beginning any classes, an intensive three-day, two-credit Orientation will introduce you to the entire CMBA experience at CBU — the distinctive nature of Lasallian education, the faculty and staff who will lead you through this unique course of study, and your fellow cohort members with whom you will work and share and grow throughout the core courses.
The 35-hour CMBA curriculum consists of 11 courses taken in sequential order, one course at a time. The curriculum is designed so students focus on one subject area at a time, allowing for more in-depth learning, concentration, and application of each business discipline.
Our SEVEN CORE COURSES, which interlock and build upon one other, are offered in the following order:
1. Business Ethics
2. Managerial Economics
3. Financial Statement Analysis
4. Financial Strategies
5. Strategic Management
6. Analytical Business Research
7. Strategic Marketing
ONE CAPSTONE PROJECT is conducted individually or in small groups under the supervision of the Dean and the Graduate Faculty Committee. It provides you with the opportunity to apply the principles and skills you gained in the small-group oriented core curriculum. You can structure your project in one of four ways — as a thesis, a marketing plan, a business plan, or as a business simulation.
Finally, you take THREE TAILORED CERTIFICATE COURSES as electives, which primarily focus on a particular field
wherein you may receive your concentration. Elective specialties, several of which may be in conjunction with existing business programs, include:
• Human Resources
• International Business
• Project Management
What sets an MBA from CBU apart?
Here at CBU the focus is on the student.
• Cohorts will begin with no more than 25 students in a cohort.
• Two sets of cohorts begin each year, in March and October. Each cohort completes one course per term, five terms per year.
• You’re able to attend weekly tutoring sessions in all core quantitative courses at no cost.
• Tuition covers the cost of books and dinner on class nights each term.
• Applicants can take GRE/GMAT prep courses at no charge.
• Courses are taught in the Lasallian tradition.
• All courses will be geared toward taking the Certified MBA™ exam upon completion of the eighth course in the MBA sequence.
• You’ll have the opportunity to have your work published.
• You’ll be able to compete scholastically with other MBA students on a national level.
Christian Brothers University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Bachelor's Degree and the Master's Degree. The Commission on Colleges is located at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; telephone (404) 679-4501.
International Student Requirements:
International applicants must submit a TOEFL® score if English is not their native language or was not the language of instruction for their baccalaureate degree. A minimum score of 600 on the TOEFL®is required. Current information on the TOEFL®, including costs, test dates and locations, is available at our website.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):
Master's College or University II
Size & Settings: