School of Education
Organizational Leadership and Communication, M.Ed.
1900 Belmont Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37212
M.Ed. in Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC)
Belmont’s Masters Program in Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC) is designed to build skills and knowledge for practical application in the workplace. Students completing the program will develop their leadership potential and explore leadership styles and models. The central aim of the program is the development of organizational leaders as reflective practitioners who are skilled in observation, analysis, synthesis and dialogue. The role of ethical decisions and practices is central to these goals and is explicitly addressed in a variety of contexts in the OLC program.
Through this program students will enhance their understanding of communication skills, leadership theory and practice, improve their ability to lead effective work groups and facilitate organizational learning in their workplace.
- Acquire reflective/analytical tools and ethical framework necessary for critical judgment
- Develop interpersonal skills in group decision making, creative problem solving and/or conflict resolution
- Develop advanced oral and written communication skills
- Learn how to diagnose organizational problems
- Learn how to empower others through cooperative teamwork
- Articulate a personal philosophy of leadership and develop strategies for leading by example
Accreditation:Belmont University is accredited by the State of Tennessee and the National Council for Accreditation
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999