Master of Science in Counseling
The M.S. in Counseling degree program allows students to develop the knowledge and skills essential to this profession. Our curriculum includes 16 theoretical and practice oriented courses focusing on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain licensure and/or certification in your state. You’ll also complete one practicum and three internships totaling more than 750 hours of service.
Qualified, compassionate counselors are needed now more than ever, as mental health counseling is predicted to be one of the fastest growing fields in the next 10 years. In JWU’s Master of Science program, build the clinical skills to make an impact — and prepare for licensure and/or certification in your state.
• Classes meet late afternoons + evenings
• 16 theoretical + practice-oriented courses
• Develop positive client interaction/intervention skills through:
• 3 internships
Supervised practical work experience
• In small classes, gain a theoretical foundation from faculty with real professional experience.
NETWORK WITH TRAINERS
• Meet clinically-certified trainers in professional settings, and seize opportunities for mentoring, networking and references.
Johnson & Wales University (JWU) is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
International Student Requirements:
1. Certified copy of scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) test, or International English Language Test System (IELTS). Please see English Proficiency Requirement for scores required for admission. 2. Declaration of Financial Support signed by both the applicant and the sponsor 3. Certified Bank Statement within three months of submitting your application 4. Copy of the biographical section of your current passport
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 54
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 406 USD
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize City