Jefferson College of Nursing
1020 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
DNP: Post-BSN Entry Level Nurse Anesthesia
Jefferson’s fully-accredited Entry Level Nurse Anesthesia program prepares nurses to provide anesthesia care during surgical and obstetrical procedures, and to provide pain relief in hospitals of all sizes.
Students in this 36-month, nine-semester program take 92 credits. Its full-time curriculum integrates didactic coursework with over 2,000 hours of clinical practice hours, ensuring that students will administer more than 600 anesthetics to patients undergoing a wide variety of surgical and/or diagnostic procedures.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is a practice doctorate designed to prepare professional nurses for scholarly practice as clinical and health systems experts who will lead and inspire health care improvement and reform.
• Focuses on leadership, systems thinking, reflective practice, health policy, implementation science and evidenced-based clinical practice
• Includes three practica that comprise the doctoral practice inquiry project and provide the opportunity for application of knowledge gained in all the courses.
Jefferson DNP graduates are known for:
• Leading distinguished advocacy groups, community initiatives and state and national-level organizations
• Influencing the continuing development of nursing science in clinical practice, administration, education, research and advocacy
• Publishing in prestigious journals
ABOUT JEFFERSON COLLEGE OF NURSING
Jefferson College of Nursing is an integral part of a premier academic medical center, Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals. In 2015 the College (formerly known as the Jefferson School of Nursing) was ranked by U.S.News & World Report among the top 100 Best Graduate Nursing Schools in the country, based on reputation, acceptance rate, student-faculty ratio and faculty credentials. The College of Nursing is also a designated National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education 2015-2019.
Financial Aid: Yes
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $1,129
Classification: Specialized Institution—Medical school or medical center
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999