Temple University

College of Engineering

Graduate Certificate in Stormwater Management


1801 North Broad Street

Philadelphia, PA 19122

United States

Program Information

Degrees Offered:

Graduate Certificate in Stormwater Management

Format: Campus

Program Description:

The Graduate Certificate in Stormwater Management in the College of Engineering helps you develop the graduate-level expertise to address the effects associated with stormwater management without enrolling in a graduate degree program. Increased stormwater runoff, causing flooding and erosion in urban stream ecosystems, is a growing environmental issue. You’ll study the effects of urban runoff on stream channels in this certificate program and learn best practices to prevent the degradation of ecosystems.

Who might be interested?
This certificate is an excellent fit for professionals or graduates with undergraduate engineering degrees or educational or professional backgrounds in environmental science, geomorphology, hydrology or stormwater management. This program is an excellent fit for those with professional experience in civil or environmental engineering, stormwater management, or land development. Though the certificate is designed for applicants with an undergraduate engineering degree, those with a strong background in hydrology or environmental science may also be considered.

Credit Requirements
To earn this certificate, you must complete four courses (12 credits), including two required courses:

Environmental Hydrology or Engineering Hydrology and
Urban Streams and Stormwater Management.
Up to nine credits may be applied to Temple’s Master of Science in Environmental Engineering program.


Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education

International Student Requirements:

For applicants whose native language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS exam is required with the following minimum scores: 79 on the internet-based TOEFL OR a 6.5 on the academic version of the IELTS. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Applicants presenting international credentials must provide transcripts/marksheets, and degree certificates or diplomas in their original language. Additionally, applicants must provide literal translations of these academic documents by an appropriate university or government official. All transcripts/marksheets, degree certificates, and diplomas must be sent directly from the post-secondary institution.

Facts & Figures

Financial Aid: Yes

International Financial Aid: Yes

Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive

Locale: Large City

Find Schools