Temple University

College of Engineering

Environmental Engineering M.S.


1801 North Broad Street

Philadelphia, PA 19122

United States

Program Information

Degrees Offered:

Master of Science in Environmental Engineering, Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering

Format: Campus

Program Description:


The M.S. in Environmental Engineering is designed to provide part-time and full-time students with the opportunity to develop a greater competency in several major areas of practice in environmental engineering.

Students may choose to complete a research (thesis or research project) or non-research (coursework only) option.

For graduation, a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate-level coursework is required; a minimum of 18 graduate-level semester hours (approximately 6 courses) must be in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. All graduate students enrolled in the M.S. in Environmental Engineering program must select a graduate advisor after completing 9 graduate semester hours or by the end of the first semester in which they joined the program, whichever comes first. The advisor should be a full-time faculty member in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. A plan of study must be developed and approved by each graduate student and his/her advisor, after completing 9 graduate semester hours or after the first semester, whichever comes first.


  • Emerging contaminants in the environment
  • Environmental biotechnology
  • Fate and transformation of environmental contaminants
  • Surface and subsurface hydrology


Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education

International Student Requirements:

For applicants whose native language is not English, a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based test, 550 on the paper-based test, and 79 on the internet-based test on the TOEFL, or a 6.5 on the academic version of the IELTS is required. International applicants must submit an official transcripts and a copy of the degree, diploma, or certificate awarded whereby the academic institution validates completion and conferral. Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions must be submitted for the applicant by the university, even if only one course was taken. Applicants who attended institutions that do not issue complete academic records in English must submit official copies of native language records and literal translations into English prepared by an appropriate university or government official.

Facts & Figures

Financial Aid: Yes

International Financial Aid: Yes

Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive

Locale: Large City

Find Schools