Certificate of Graduate Study, Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences, Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences, Certificate of Graduate Study
If your passion is the life sciences, particularly its practical application in health care or in research, a graduate degree in biomedical sciences will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue various scientific careers and professional degrees.
Students receive rigorous training within a learning environment that emphasizes medical, biotechnological, research and clinical applications. This training is delivered by faculty who are experts in their fields. Additionally, as a medical school and healthcare provider, PCOM offers a collaborative learning framework with exposure to multiple medical-related disciplines.
Our graduates have pursued various career paths including:
- Advanced professional degrees in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry and pharmacy.
- Research and technology careers focused on biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical technology and research and development.
- Allied health careers including nursing, medical technician and physician assistant.
- Civil service, education and policy roles as administrators, investigators, scientific writers, educators and public health experts.
The success of PCOM’s Biomedical Sciences program is defined by the success of its students. The program focuses on the development of a solid knowledge base with an emphasis on developing strong academic and professional skills. Highlights of our program include:
- A foundation in biomedical sciences which offers a wide career path and many choices for employment.
- Access to faculty, advisement and networking across a variety of medical-related programs.
- Course offerings and research resources from both the Philadelphia and Georgia campuses in the degree candidacy (concentration) year.
- Exposure to a wide range of expertise and experience through the exceptional scientists who comprise PCOM’s faculty.
Students pursuing a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences complete foundation year coursework and then progress to one of several second-year degree concentrations.
PCOM is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States
Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104;
Facts & Figures
In State Tuition (per year): 0 USD
Classification: Specialized Institution—Medical school or medical center
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999