Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
About Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Why Consider Edinboro University?
Engage in research and dynamic academics at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. With a full spectrum of majors to choose from, grad students at Edinboro could find opportunities for graduate assistantships, career development and beyond.
Conduct Research at Edinboro
Edinboro’s faculty and students often collaborate to conduct research. These active projects span areas such as science, business, psychology, and many other disciplines, and have as their goal to publish their findings and share with the academic community at large.
Join a Club or Organization at Edinboro
At Edinboro University, numerous co-curricular clubs and graduate student organizations are available. This could enable students to take on a more active role in campus life, work to influence change, build scholarship and research skills. Or, one could use their voice to develop leadership (think – Graduate Student Council) and explore professional opportunities via events, networking and other programs.
Student Resources at EUP
EUP has plenty of on-campus resources from dining to a fitness center. Proximity to the town of Edinboro PA means there are other options for eating, shopping and having fun. Prefer to learn how to write an effective resume? The Center for Career Development at Edinboro University offers career development coaching, programs, and services.
While on campus, grad students could also make their way to the Baron-Forness Library. This seven-story landmark has about 300,00 volumes and 680,000 microform units. It also provides grad students with access to more than 100 full-text journal databases, reserve materials, software, equipment and more.
A few other noteworthy resources include the Student Center which is also home to the Student Government Association, Student Affairs, Campus Life, Career Development and Adult Student Services. Edinboro University’s Ghering Health and Wellness Center houses University’s Student Health Services and Counseling and Psychological Services.
Edinboro Rankings and Awards
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania has several online graduate programs that rank in the top 100 per U.S. News and World Report 2018.
- #45 (tie) Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #70 (tie) Best Online Graduate Education Programs
U.S. News & World Report assesses national programs each year. Their evaluation is based on statistics related to admissions selectivity, student engagement, faculty credentials and training, and student services and technology.
Resources and Programs for Veterans and Service Members at EU
There are a number of resources and programs for service members and Veterans at Edinboro University.
- EU earned recognition from Military Advanced Education as a Top School in the 2018 MAE Guide to Colleges & Universities.
- Dedicated point of contact for support services for veterans, military servicemembers, and their families
- Recognized student veteran organization – Veterans Success Center
- Some students might obtain credit for military training
Mission, Vision and ValuesPer Edinboro, the University strives to develop students personally, professionally and intellectually through programs and services that respond to the changes in society. Values prized at EU include an appreciation for life-long education, integrity, respect, inclusiveness and innovation.
Applicants to Edinboro’s graduate programs must comply with the general admission requirements of the university as well as with any extra admission requirements for their selected program.
Most students apply online, must complete a two-page application, and pay a $30 application fee.
Some of the things to keep in mind when applying to Edinboro is that their graduate programs may have limited enrollment. Also, most graduate programs require completion of the Miller Analogies Test, GRE or GMAT exam for acceptance into the program. International applicants may also have to furnish specific material.
Graduate Assistantships – There are about 120 competitive graduate assistantships that are available each year. Full-time students who have been accepted into a master’s degree program may be eligible.
Residency Classification – To be classified as having a Pennsylvania domicile, students need to show residence in PA for a period of 12 months prior to the registration for a course.
- Special Learning Opportunities: Undergrad Distance, Grad Distance
- Credit Accepted: Dual credit, Credit for life experiences, Credit For Military, Advanced placement(AP) credits
- Carnegie Classification: Master's Colleges and Universities (larger programs)
- Religious Affiliation: Not applicable
- There are 603 full-time faculty
- 79 Part-time instructional faculty
- ROTC Services
- Study Abroad Services
- Remedial Services
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Employment Services for Students
- Daycare Services
- Library Services
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 48% part-time and 52% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Edinboro University of Pennsylvania awarded: 106 associates, 798 bachelor's degrees, 452 master's degrees, 25 post-master's certificates
The University of Edinboro is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Accredited Graduate Programs at EUP
Several individual programs may be professionally accredited as well.
- MA Speech Language Pathology – American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
MA Counseling (College Counseling, School Counseling) –Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Master of Social Work (MSW) – Council on Social Work Education
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) –Commission of Education in Nursing, also approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
- MS Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner – Accreditation Commission of Education in Nursing. also approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
- MA Studio Art, MFA Studio Art, MA Art Therapy Counseling, Post-Masters Certificate, Art Therapy – National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- MS Educational Specialist in School Psychology – National Association of School Psychologists
- EU School of Education (All Teacher Certification and School Personnel Preparation Programs) – National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Because accreditation status needs to be maintained, students could check with various agencies to ensure the school is up-to-date.
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania: Edinboro, PA219 Meadville Street, Edinboro, PA, 16444
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania: Online
Masters in Counseling Programs at Edinboro
At Edinboro, the Master of Arts in Counseling Program fuses theory and research with practice. Students could also choose to major in school counseling, college counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical mental health counseling or art therapy. These programs may come with specific application information, curricula, credit requirements and internships.
- MA in Art Therapy: designed to meet the educational requirements of students who wish to pursue national Art Therapy Credential (ATR) and Pennsylvania Counselor Licensure (LPC)
- MA in School Counseling: Accredited by CACREP, the MA in School Counseling could provide learners with knowledge of ethics, theory, clinical skills and school counselor roles and functions
- MA in Clinical Mental Health: Could enable students to provide wellness services for families, children and adolescents. Coursework might also cover crisis and addictions counseling
- MA in College Counseling: Curriculum could stack topics such as clinical diagnosis and interventions with courses about student affairs practice and administration
- MA in Rehabilitation Counseling: Students could learn how to assist persons who have some type of physical, cognitive, neurological, mental or emotional disability in developing independent and integrated lives
Education Graduate Programs at Edinboro
Edinboro University offers a full menu of education graduate programs. EU also offers certificates in arts infusion, autism spectrum disorders, Pennsylvania K-12 principal, reading specialist, superintendent and special education supervisor. See some highlights below, then look for a Masters in Education program that lines up with your professional goals.
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education A MEd in Early Childhood Education could prepare practicing and pre-service teachers to work with children birth through grade 3. Through a curriculum devoted to applied research, students could learn about early literacy, play, advocacy and more
- Master of Education in Special Education: Students who have an undergraduate teaching certificate from an accredited institution could enroll to pursue certification for either the P-8 or 7-12 levels. Or, those who are currently certified in special education could enroll to enhance expertise (E.g. autism or behavior management)
Nursing Graduate Programs at Edinboro
Edinboro University offers graduate nursing programs such as a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), in association with Clarion University. The DNP program curriculum is planned-out to build on the foundational competencies of the MSN-prepared advance practice or professional nurse. Both programs are approved by the PA State Board of Nursing and are also accredited (see above).