EdD in Educational Leadership and Management
Global forces, emerging technologies, and federal mandates are just a few of the challenges that are transforming education entities into increasingly complex organizations that require exceptional leadership.
Drexel University's EdD in Educational Leadership and Management stands alone as a rigorous, accelerated part-time doctoral program that produces leaders with the skills and knowledge to lead complex organizations through deep and lasting change.
The EdD offers an elite professional practitioner's degree in a blended delivery format that combines on-campus classes and transcontinental, online education. Cohorts of 20 students study together through executive-style weekend classes and online at the University's Graduate Center in Sacramento, CA, and Harrisburg, PA. Interdisciplinary coursework is created by a partnership between the MBA program at Drexel's LeBow College of Business and the university's top-ranked School of Education resulting in a comprehensive program of applied learning.
Students may choose from the following concentrations: * Educational Administration * Educational Policy * Higher Education * Human Resource Development * Special Education Leadership * Athletic Administration
Upon completion of their studies, EdD graduates possess the following leadership skills, captured in these "Keystones" of the EdD:
- An ability to create and support communities that are bases for sustainable change
- Develop the habits of mind and competencies to lead complex organizations, shaped by global forces
- Develop the abilities to sustain their own leadership growth
- Utilize the full range of emerging technologies to reach across generations and communicate effectively as well as engage others in meaningful change
- Exemplify the curiosity, inquiry skills, and scholarly competencies need to investigate an idea and transform it into meaningful action
Within the comparative field of part-time doctorate study, Drexel's EdD offers an unrivalled path to career advancement. It is ideal for those in or seeking leadership roles within public school districts and private institutions, universities and colleges, national and global foundations, organizations, corporations, and government agencies.