The Path to a better future is right in front of you
H. John Heinz III College's School of Information Systems & Managment
5000 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Master of Science in Information Security Policy and Management
Tomorrow’s leaders in cybersecurity need a strategic vision, driven by technical competency, risk management and governance, forward-leaning policy, and innovation. Heinz College is ready to prepare those leaders.
Advances in technology drive the success of modern organizations. With these advances comes an increasing cyber threat that must be adeptly managed by the organization. Our Master of Science in Information Security Policy and Management (MSISPM) program prepares future leaders to manage cybersecurity challenges through a strategic vision, utilizing not only technical defenses, but also leveraging sound risk management practices, deploying effective policy, and creating innovative ways to make the organization more resilient to threat and disruption.
Designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE), which is jointly sponsored by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security, Heinz College plays a vital role in advancing the state of the practice in cybersecurity.
The MSISPM program is at the vanguard of the cyber security sector with recognized leadership in risk management, data privacy, threat control, and information policy.
As a security expert with a MSISPM degree from Carnegie Mellon University, you’ll quickly establish yourself as a leader in the global marketplace. Our graduates are placed in Fortune 500 companies, top consulting firms, government agencies, and financial institutions.
Features & Benefits:
* Our unique curriculum examines information security management from a public policy and management perspective, not from an engineering focus.
* The Scholarship for Service (SFS) program provides several full-tuition scholarships and academic stipends for qualified U.S. citizens.
* CMU has been ranked #1 in Information Technology and Management by US News & World Report.
* The MSISPM curriculum’s technical electives can be modified based upon your professional skill set and career objectives.
* CMU hosts the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) and its CERT program, world leaders in IT security and assurance research and services.
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 16 full-semester classes
In State Tuition (per year): 22,400 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 22,400 USD
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999