4001 700 E #700
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Master of Arts in Teaching, English Education (Secondary)
The M.A. in Teaching, English (5-12) is a great way for individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree—preferably in English—to become certified middle or high school teachers and earn their master’s degree at the same time.
This challenging program provides you with the essential skills, knowledge, foundations of teaching, and teaching practices you need to become an effective school teacher. At the same time, the program incorporates additional elements necessary to earn a master’s degree. As part of this program, you will also complete a supervised student teaching segment which is designed to give you invaluable in-classroom experience.
Western Governors University is:
• Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
• NCATE Accredited—WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally accredited.
• Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half what you'll be charged at other online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
• Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
• Respected and Recognized—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
• Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify. Aid includes federal Pell Grants and both subsidized and unsubsidized federal Direct Student Loans.
Size & Settings: 40,000+