The Path to a better future is right in front of you
100 Washington Avenue South Ste. 900
Minneapolis, MN 55401
PhD in Industrial & Organizational Psychology - (BS Entry) - Consulting Psychology
Become a catalyst for change in the workplace as you explore the intricate relationships between human behavior and organizational success in one of the first online doctoral programs in I/O psychology.
With demand for I/O psychologists expected to grow by 8% between 2016 and 2026,1 Walden’s online PhD in I/O Psychology program can provide you with the knowledge and credentials you need to lead change in tomorrow’s global workplaces. Through coursework focused on theories and principles grounded in scientific research, you can hone your understanding of employee and organizational behavior as you learn to apply best practices to assess organizational needs, create more synergistic workplaces, and improve employee performance and productivity.
Why Earn Your PhD in I/O Psychology From Walden?
As a student, you can:
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
1. Explain behavior using current theory and research in I/O psychology.
2. Discuss the history of industrial and organizational psychology, how the specialty of I/O psychology is unique, and how to develop an I/O psychology identity.
3. Critically examine how key industrial and organizational issues impact organizations (i.e., issues such as selection, performance management, performance measurement, job analysis, individual behavior, leadership, motivation, organizational culture, work teams, and/or job attitudes).
4. Correctly utilize principles of basic and advanced research methods to produce independent scholarly research.
5. Evaluate research in the area of industrial and organizational psychology.
6. Develop empirically-based organizational intervention practices.
7. Evaluate the effectiveness of organizational interventions.
8. Use ethical research and intervention practices.
9. Evaluate the influence of diverse populations on individual, group, and organizational behavior.
10. Apply principles of industrial and organizational psychology to scholarly and/or professional activities to promote lifelong learning.
11. Engage in research practices that result in positive social change.
Combining advanced I/O theory, methods, and research with perspectives on the global business environment, this doctoral specialization can prepare you to face challenges in organizational behavior as a leader in I/O consulting. Through courses led by I/O psychologists and experts, you can develop the scholarly and practical expertise to help organizations address the impact of globalization and technology on performance and culture. Deepen your understanding of organizational needs through assessments and change management practices and learn how to develop plans to effect change within business, industry, labor, public, academic, community, and health-related organizations.
Through the doctoral dissertation, you will have the opportunity to research an area of specific interest and contribute to the body of knowledge in the field.
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Intensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 40,000+