PhD in Education - Higher Education, Leadership & Policy (Self-Designed)
- Deepen your understanding of current practices in higher education institutions and examine law, policy, and governance as a leader within higher education settings. With the flexibility of this specialization, you will complete a set of core courses and customize your studies by choosing four electives from 21 courses focusing on higher education across our PhD in Education and Doctor of Education (EdD) programs. This specialization puts you in control of your education, giving you the ability to customize your coursework with topics that are most relevant to your personal and career goals.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Implement diversity proficiencies in higher education programs and policies.
- Exhibit proficiency in the use of higher education law, policymaking process, and governance.
- Utilize current research to address domestic and international issues in higher education.
- Collaborate with a variety of external stakeholders.
- Apply leadership and management skills to promote organizational development within higher education settings.
- Promote positive social change through leadership.
- Apply effective technology strategies to support higher education settings.
- Exhibit leadership in program evaluation, strategic planning, and assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research that positively impacts social change."
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission