PhD in Education - Educational Technology & Design (Family Friendly)
- The education field has an increasing need for individuals who can lead the adoption of new and effective technologies. In this PhD in Education specialization, you will prepare to create innovative technological solutions to learning challenges, collaborate digitally to demonstrate awareness of local and global interrelationships and diverse perspectives, and develop instructional design skills. Coursework that is grounded in theory and research prepares you to design and conduct original research in educational technology, culminating in a dissertation.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Utilize integrative and innovative technology in the workplace.
- Create innovative technological solutions to learning challenges grounded in theory and research.
- Develop a learning community of people, technologies, resources, and professional associations.
- Analyze educational needs in technology to develop innovative intervention plans.
- Apply sound principles of digital and information literacy grounded in theory and research.
- Conduct original research in educational technology.
- Participate in the profession ethically.
- Effectively communicate ideas to multiple audiences using effective oral, written, and digital formats.
- Support global diversity and multiculturalism through the use of educational technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research that positively impacts social change.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission