11000 University Pkwy
Pensacola, FL 32514
Master of Social Work - Traditional
The University of West Florida’s clinically focused online MSW program provides the knowledge and skills to enter the workplace prepared for advanced social work practice. You will complete a specialized study of medical and behavioral healthcare in this program, which blends clinical internships with hands-on learning.
Students who hold a bachelor’s degree in social work can fast-track their studies and complete our online MSW clinical curriculum, while those without previous social work experience can gain the experience they need through foundational coursework that prepares them for the rigors of social work practice.
This program meets educational course requirements for licensure as a clinical social worker in the state of Florida and is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. If you are seeking a rewarding career that allows you to help others every day, UWF’s online MSW is the program you’re looking for.
You will study topics such as:
• Human behavior in the social environment
• Human behavior in communities and organizations
• Social service policy
• Human diversity and social justice
• Clinical social work practice
• Social work research
Social work programs at UWF are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Candidates for This Program Include:
• Students with an undergraduate degree in social work who are seeking advanced study in the field
• Students who did not study social work at the undergraduate level but wish to pursue a social work career
• Those seeking to become a licensed clinical social worker in Florida
• Demonstrate specialized knowledge in medical and behavioral health social work
• Prepare for clinical practice as a LCSW in Florida
• Work with a variety of social populations including individuals, families and groups
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999