11000 University Pkwy
Pensacola, FL 32514
Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Prepare for a career in an academic, community, hospital or agency environment with the online master’s in nursing education from the University of West Florida. You’ll learn instructional strategies and curriculum design skills that will help you gain a competitive advantage when seeking high-demand teaching opportunities in nursing. The online program helps you discover how to use your real-world experience to train other nurses in modern healthcare best practices.
With a curriculum tailored for working nurses, the program’s asynchronous online format allows you to fit your coursework into your busy schedule. Dedicated to your success, highly qualified nurse educators will provide you with individualized attention throughout the duration of your program.
Topics of study include:
• Curriculum development using learning theories, resources, instructional strategies and technology that’s appropriate for all learning styles
• Developing curriculum that reflects trends in nursing education, modern standards and regulations and conforms to an organization’s mission, vision and values
• Programmatic assessment, accreditation of nursing education and nurse educator scholarship
• Examining, diagnosing and managing a patient’s health issues in a quality, safe and cost-effective approach
• Theoretical and clinical principles for health assessment in advanced nursing practice
• Disordered physiology and the process of the production of the symptoms and signs of various disease states
Our online master’s in nursing education additionally includes three practicum courses in which you will gain practical experience through applying complex theories and concepts in classroom and clinical settings.
The master’s of nursing education online degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Candidates for This Program Include:
• Nurses wanting to educate others in a university, hospital or healthcare setting
• Working RNs who are seeking better employment opportunities
• Nurses looking to increase their salary potential
You Will Be Able To:
• Promote positive health outcomes by encouraging safe and efficient nursing practices within your classroom or organization
• Implement research- and evidence-based practice, advanced healthcare technologies and informatics
• Comprehend the role of a nurse educator as a whole in clinical and classroom environments
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999